The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified
candidate for the position of Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) Grant
Management Assistant FSN – 09/FP – 05/01 in the Public Affairs Section
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: CVE Grant Management Assistant, FSN-09/FP-05/01
Position Grade: FP-05
- Under the supervision of the Public Affairs Officer (PAO), the
incumbent vets, administers, manages monitors, closes out, assesses
effectiveness of, and generates grant programs funded by CVE (countering
violent extremism) monies.
- Target audiences are largely youth and interfaith com munities.
She/he conducts grant writing and grant management workshops for
potential grantees; tracking CVE funding streams and coordinating with
FMO, PAS budget specialist, and program offices in Washington; calling
quarterly meetings with donors and other stakeholders to coordinate
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection
criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information
supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered:
- University Degree in Social Sciences or Liberal arts is required.
- Incumbent must have extensive knowledge of host country’s
political, economic, and social structures and ministries/federal and
state government agencies related to countering violent extremism.
- Thorough knowledge of NGOs, religious, ethnic, and academic
communities operating in northern Nigeria relating to CVE and broad
knowledge of public diplomacy program, including American Corner
programming is required.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years professional experience in
communications, grant management or proposal writing, project and/or
event management, or managing large cultural, education, development or
information programs is required.
- Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading and writing in Hausa Language
is required. Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading and writing in English
Language is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members
(USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is
essential that the candidate specifically address the required
qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services
Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within
the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired
into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an overall summary
rating of Needs Improvement; or Unsatisfactory on their most recent
Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member
Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions
within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
OR – Ordinarily Resident – Position Grade FSN-09 N5,711,000 (Starting basic salary) p.a
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – Non Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$50,379 EFM/MOH – U$43,378 (Starting Salary) p.a.
Application Closing Date
18th December, 2014.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- A type written and signed application letter specifically
applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as
advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on
the application letter.
- Application for U.S. Federal Employment (DS – 174); or a current
resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS
– 174; plus.
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD – 214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., certificates, awards, copies of
degrees earned) that directly addresses the qualification requirements
of the position as listed above.
- Limit all electronic (e – mail) submissions to one entry/e –
mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word
formats, not pictures.
Submit Application to:
Embassy of the United States of America,
Human Resources Office,
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive,
Central District Area,