Médecins Sans Frontières- (Doctors without Borders) is recruiting for its Nigerian Mission
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international
humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to
populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race,
religion, creed or political affiliation.
- To define, implement, coordinate and supervise all operational
communication activities according to MSF standards in the mission/ or
during an emergency.
- The FCM aims at building MSF visibility, acceptance and leverage inside the mission country
- The FCM promotes the visibility of the organisation, improving
awareness of its principles and work, reinforcing information on MSF
activities among communities. The FCM should have the capacity to
identify key cross cutting issues across MSF operations which are
relevant to communications and to advise on public positioning.
- The FCM advises on which communications tools to choose
according to objective, message and audience at local and national
levels. He/she then produces – or supervises the production of – local
comms contents (leaflets, brochures, posters, radio spots, articles,
photos, videos.) according to strategy and budget.)
- The FCM actively promotes the diffusion of MSF content in the
country. Under the supervision of the Head(s) of Mission, the FCM
identifies communications opportunities using MSF comms network
production or returning staff to pitch content on MSF activities in the
country and other countries.
Media Management/ Alert
- The FCM maintains close contact with key local media and
foreign correspondents, he/she helps in understanding the Nigerian media
environment and affiliations
- The FCM liaises with communications staff from other
organisations and institutions, and will monitor and analyse the
communication lines developed by actors of importance for MSF
(authorities, armed groups, UN, other NGOs…).
- The FCM produces regular reports on achieved results and future priorities.
- The FCM reports and collaborates with HOMs of MSF sections and
ensures communication is streamlined, communicated and agreed by both
parties ahead of publishing
Required Skills and Conditions
- Desirable: degree in Journalism, Communications, Humanitarian affairs, Political Sciences or related university degree.
- Essential: previous working experience of at least 4 years in communications, journalism or public relations.
- English essential. Command of local languages is desirable.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and digital media)
- Essential: previous working experience in producing communications content production
- Desirable: experience with MSF or other international NGOs in developing countries.
- Experience working in an international environment.
- 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of qualifications and a cover letter with contact details by email to: [email protected]
Deadline for the submission of applications: 7th of May 2015.
Only selected candidates will be called for a test and interview.
monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other
types of favoritisms will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF
reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted
from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued
through the judicial system
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!