Job Title: Human Resources Assistant – FSN-08/FP-06
Work Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
- The incumbent handles the full spectrum of local employee
recruitment, specializing in complex issues and more senior positions
and also provides Human Resources services and advice on HR policies and
procedures to employees of serviced sections and agencies.
- Incumbent is responsible for position classification advisory.
Carries out training and presentations to audiences comprising of both
local hires and American supervisors.
- Incumbent is also in charge of various Human Resources programs and executes personnel actions.
- Maintains subject files for program areas and prepares periodic reports.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed
below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each
criterion or the application will not be considered.
- A University degree in any of the following: Human Resources Management or Social Sciences is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel packages with at least
level III typing ability (minimum of 40 WPM) is required. Must be able
to communicate effectively both orally and in written and be able to
develop and cultivate contacts at various levels.
- Must be personable, tactful, customer service oriented, and able to practice confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience of Human Resources,
Administration or customer service in a medium seize organization is
- Level IV (Fluent) Speaking /Reading/Writing in English Language is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Advanced knowledge of personnel management, recruitment, host
country labor laws/practices, office procedures and practices is
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and
U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the
candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary
Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent
Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member
Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions
within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services
Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within
the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently
Or – Ordinarily Resident-N4,494,054 p.a. (Starting basic salary); Position Grade: FSN-08
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Nor – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$45,487 EFM/MOH – US$39,166, (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-06
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards,
copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification
requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically
applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as
advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on
the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office,
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive,
Central District Area,
Or submit to: HRNigeria@state.gov
Note: All not ordinarily resident applicants must have
the required work and residency permits to be eligible for
consideration. a U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in
country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of
mission (com) authority does have to be assigned officially to post.
Application Deadline 26th June, 2015