Helen Keller – Established in 1915 with Helen Keller as a founding
trustee, Helen Keller International (HKI) works to save the sight and
lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Headquartered in New
York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 22 countries in Africa and
Asia as well as in the United States.
HKI is known for sustainability, reliability, efficiency and the highest
level of technical expertise in preventing and treating blindness and
malnutrition. The mission of HKI is to save the sight and lives of the
most vulnerable and disadvantaged. We combat the causes and
consequences of blindness and malnutrition by establishing programs
based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Documentation Specialist
Purpose of the Request for Proposal
The purpose of this Request for Proposal (RFP) is to select a Documentation Specialist for the purpose of:
- Documenting activities of HKI Nigeria Country office in support
of the Nigerian government towards the elimination of 5 key Neglected
Tropical Disease(NTDs) namely Onchocerciasis, Schistosomiasis,
Elephantiasis, Trachoma, River Blindness and Soil-transmitted helminths
within 4 states of the federation, namely Borno, Katsina, Adamawa and
Akwa Ibom States
- Developing promotional material with respect NTD control/elimination activities of HKI Nigeria Country Office
Guidelines for Proposal Submission
All proposals should include consultant’s qualifications, credentials,
references, proposal on carrying out the tasks below, previous work
experience similar to the advertised one, consulting fee history with
proof, proposed timeframe and detailed costing.
Items to be included while submitting proposal are as follows:
- Brief profile, as relevant to the above mentioned terms of reference
- Financial proposal- Proposal should include the cost implication for completing the assignment
- Certificate of incorporation or legal status; if it’s a company
- Tax identification number and tax clearance of the company in the last three years.
- Form CO2 and CO7; if it is a company
- CV, highlighting experience relevant to this exercise. CV should not exceed 4 pages
- Track record of successes recorded e.g. letters from clients making reference to previous assignments you did for them.
- One sample report from a prior consultancy assignment with content directly relevant to this assignment
Scope of Work
- The consultant is required to ensure that the expected outcomes are delivered with best quality
- The Consultant is required to obtain activity reports, testimony
from beneficiaries, results of various studies conducted to build the
required HKI NTD profile.
- The number of days for the actual consultancy should not exceed 21 days but can be spread across several months.
- The Consultant is required to research NTD activities in print
and electronic media from January 2013 to date (2015) in HKI supported
states and include in the compilation of documents.
- The consultant may have to visit HKI supported states to witness activities, especially during TT surgery and MDA
Timeline for implementation
- Invitation to Consultant – August 28th 2015
- Sign contract by Consultant – September 1st 2015
- Start work – Oct 2nd – Dec 31st 2015
Brochure production. These should be in print-ready format. HKI reserves
the right to procure a printer of its choice to produce such
The brochure will covers activities carried out under various HKI NTD projects namely, but not limited to:
- Activities in partnership with Sightsavers, Queen Elizabeth
Diamond Jubilee Trust Fund and DFID-UNITED project, etc. Examples of
such activities include
- Advocacy visits, State NTD Flag – Off Ceremonies;
- Surveys: Baseline Surveys; RAPLOA Survey; KAP Survey;
- Mass administration of Medicines: Training workshops; distribution exercises, planning and review meeting
- TT surgeon and Assistants Trainings and conduct of TT Surgeries in Katsina
- Compiled success stories/testimonies from NTDs activities included in handbooks, jotters and fliers
- Catalogue of NTD photos – this involves collecting, reviewing and placing them in electronic folders.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a proposal in hard copy to:
Helen Keller International Nigeria,
6 Angola Street,
Wuse Zone 2,
Submit a proposal electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org on the same day.
Request for information
Questions concerning this RFP should be addressed to: Eno Udongo at: email@example.com