is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving
lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.
Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition,
environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth,
research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to
address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more
than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer-Prevention, Care & Treatment
Job ID: 16082
Job Function: Global Health
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services
(SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality
HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private
sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and technical support related to
clinical management and home-based care HIV/AIDS strategies and
approaches related to implementation of programs.
- Assist in the development of strategies for the design and
implementation of HIV/AIDS mitigation interventions. This includes
orphans and vulnerable children programming; home based care and other
care and support activities at the community level.
- With Associate Director/Clinical Services, develop guidelines,
tools and recommendations related to the implementation, evaluation and
monitoring of HIV/AIDS care and support programming.
- Development of strategies for the design and implementation of
HIV/AIDS prevention, behaviour change intervention among most at risk
populations i.e. PLHIV, MARPs to reduce sexual transmission.
- Support the implementation of Abstinence, Be faithful, Condom
(ABC) and Other Prevention (OP) activities as well as guide the
provision of technical assistance to implementing partners on SBC
- Work in close collaboration with the TB and Integrated Medical
Service Unit in the implementation of integrated HIV, TB and other
medical services at the facility level.
- Provide technical assistance in HIV/AIDS prevention and
mitigation capacity building to field programs and develop guidelines,
tools and recommendations related to the implementation, evaluation of
prevention and mitigation of HIV/AIDS.
- Contribute to development of lessons learned from programs and
projects related to HIV/AIDS care and support and apply these lessons to
modify existing program and improve the design of new programs.
- Represent FHI 360/Nigeria to donors and government officials on issues of HIV/AIDS care and support at the state level.
- Remain informed on current programs in HIV/AIDS care and support
and related development field by reviewing current literature and stay
alert to any implication of such experience and research for department
- Provide technical assistance in non-ART clinical care including
the management of opportunistic infections (OI) and Palliative care
capacity building to field programs.
- Work with relevant staff to coordinate the design and
implementation of facility based programs in relation to clinical
management of HIV/AIDS, including the use of Anti-retroviral treatment.
- Provide ongoing technical assistance in HIV/AIDS clinical
management for FHI 360 Nigeria programs including management of OIs and
PMTCT capacity building as well as providing
- Work with technical relevant technical staff to adapt and
disseminate guidelines, tools and procedures that will support the
achievement of quality service delivery.
- Assist in strengthening a system of reporting on program
progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation
- With the Associate Director/Clinical Services and the State
Program Manager, coordinate the design and implementation of components
related to clinical management of, and home-based care for HIV/AIDS,
including the use of Anti-retroviral treatment in field-level projects
- Provide technical assistance in HIV/AIDS care and support capacity building at the state level.
- Development and implementation of interventions focusing on
nutrition, food security, education and skills development;
psychosocial/spiritual support and shelter; household economic
strengthening, legislative support and child protection.
- Assist in the provision of programmatic assistance to local partners in programming HIV/AIDS/STI activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 3 to 5 years of progressive
relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of
HIV/AIDS with provision of PMTCT and anti-retroviral therapy (ART) in
resource constrained settings.
- Experience in large and complex SBC/BCC mobilization activities
in a donor funded national health focused project is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is required.
- Experience in project development with proven experience in the planning and facilitation of training is required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online