Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition,
environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth,
research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to
address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more
than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently
seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Technical Officer-Monitoring & Evaluation
supervision of the Senior Technical Officer (M&E) and State Program
Manager, and with technical oversight from the Director of Monitoring
and Evaluation, is responsible for the implementation of monitoring and
evaluation activities for the state office. The Technical Officer
(M&E) will work with others in the state office and local
implementing partners to ensure that state monitoring and evaluation
activities are appropriate and meet the donor and project’s M&E
- Work with the state-level staff and government counterparts to
provide support and guidance on program/project monitoring and
evaluation activities and on US Government and Government of Nigeria
- Provide support to sites in the state, including interacting with
site Program Managers, M&E focal points, M&E officers of
SACA/SASCP, other Implementing Agencies and local research groups on
needs and ensuring that these parties understand and can support these
- Work with local partners to support the correct implementation and
use of monitoring and evaluation tools, and adherence to complete,
correct and timely reporting.
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to project sites, including the
conduct of data quality assessments (DQAs) using official tools, assist
in the preparation of monthly reports, and provide supportive
- Ensure that the quality of program/project activities adheres to
SOPs by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate
mechanisms to ensure quality.
- Provide direct technical assistance and capacity building in the
design and implementation of the program/project Monitoring and Enhanced
Evaluation components of the activities in the communities served.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of computerized data
capture of the program and provide technical assistance and training to
the staff at the sites responsible for data entry.
- Provide technical assistance to M&E officers of SACA/SASCP in integrating FHI 360 data into the national HMIS.
- On a monthly basis, analyze state-level data and provide approved
reports to State Office, National Office and local partners or other
- Build capacity of local partners in project monitoring and with
program staff and local partners, use program/project monitoring data to
modify existing programs and design new programs.
- Document lessons learned and best practices in monitoring and evaluation, according to USAID and PEPFAR guidelines.
- Represent FHI 360 and makes presentations at professional meetings and conferences related to Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Remain informed of current issues regarding Monitoring and
Evaluation of programs in the HIV/AIDS/STI fields by review of current
literature; be alert to any implication of such research for project and
- MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 1 to 3 years relevant experience
in monitoring and evaluation with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS
with provision of PMTCT and anti-retroviral therapy (ART) in resource
- Or MPH or MS/MA in relevant degree with 3 to 5 years relevant
experience in monitoring and evaluation with a sound understanding of
HIV/AIDS with provision of PMTCT and anti-retroviral therapy (ART) in
resource constrained settings.
- Or BS/BA in statistics, pharmacy, microbiology, monitoring and
evaluation or in relevant degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience
in monitoring and evaluation with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS with
provision of PMTCT and anti-retroviral therapy (ART) in resource
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply