The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting for its project in Maiduguri:
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international
humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to
populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race,
religion, creed or political affiliation.
POSITION: BASE LOGISTICIAN
- Carry out or supervise all maintenance logistic activities in
the base (vehicles, fuel consumption, local infrastructure) according to
MSF protocols in order to have the material, infrastructure and vehicles in optimal running conditions.
- Plan vehicles movements, track individual trips, and ensure implementation of security measures
- Track consumption of supplies, fuel, lubricants, used in different facilities (office, house, store, etc.).
- Check domestic waste is correctly discarded. Check the maintenance of the various open spaces (gardens, courtyards…).
- Prepare orders for his sector activity, do the follow-up, check their proper reception and state
- Carry out local purchases and ensures that the line manager is
aware of any problems linked to the quality or availability of the
items to be purchased.
- Participates in trainings at the request of the line manager.
- Check and ensure the maintenance of MSF
premises and facilities, as well as the general water supply,
electrical, walls, ceilings… and security conditions. In this sense,
make inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities.
- Perform maintenance of logistics equipment for cold chain,
energy, IT and radio communications, in particular: (a) Inventories and
the reallocation of equipment, (b) Renew the authorization to use radio
material with local authorities, (c) Checks the quality of the work
carried out on generators and electrical installations.
- Education: Secondary Education
- Experience: None is required. Desirable experience with other NGOs.
- Languages: Mission language essential; local language desirable (Hausa, Kalori)
- Knowledge: Computer literacy and radio equipment user-knowledge
- Stress Management.
- MSF Maiduguri project – Maiduguri – NIGERIA
- Local contract (3 months with possibility of extension)
- 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of diplomas, qualifications and a cover letter until 15th September 2015:
MSF MAIDUGURI OFFICE or by email to: [email protected]
Plot 82, OLD GRA (behind Lagos house) Kolo Road Galtimari, Maiduguri, Borno state, Nigeria
Deadline for the submission of applications: 15th September 2015.
NB: only successful applicants will be called for interview.