Nigeria LNG Limited was incorporated as a limited liability
company on May 17, 1989 to harness Nigeria’s vast natural gas resources
and produce Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and Natural Gas Liquids (NGLs)
The company is owned by four shareholders, namely,
the Federal Government of Nigeria, represented by Nigerian National
Petroleum Corporation (49%); Shell (25.6%); Total LNG Nigeria Ltd (15%)
and Eni (10.4%). It has wholly–owned subsidiaries: Bonny Gas Transport
(BGT) Limited and NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML).
It has wholly–owned subsidiaries: Bonny Gas Transport (BGT) Limited and NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML).
LNG Limited, a world-class company helping to build a better Nigeria,
seeks to engage suitable candidates for immediate employment.
Job Title: Security Advisor Marine
appointee will be required to ensure implementation of security
strategies which will result in minimal risks to NLNG assets in shipping
operations and the port facility
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in the formulation, update and implementation of the
Port Facility Security Plan (PFSP) with the appropriate Ship Security
- Carry out HSSE Critical Activities as defined in the relevant bowties to ensure the effectiveness of control barriers.
- Organize security awareness programs for the Port facility security
personnel and support the PFSO in the implementation of the PFSP with
appropriate Company Security Officers.
- Maintain liaison with the Contracting Government Agency – NIMASA, in
ensuring that exchange of information as required under the ISPS Code
is implemented and maintain liaison with the local government security
agencies (NPF, SSS, NDLEA, Customs, Port Health and Immigration), as
well as, security depts. of sister companies in monitoring the general
security situation especially as it affects the waterway.
- Support the PFSO in maintaining continuous ship shore interface and
coordinate night sail operations; ensuring the availability of security
personnel in line with current security level.
- Participate in the development of and Implement access control strategy for the port facility i.e
- Loading/passenger jetties, vessels in line with the Port Facility
security Plan and ensure the close supervision of the security personnel
operation the access control systems.
- Act as security advisor to BGT and NSML operations and maintain
liaison with NLNG to ensure proper alignment and implementation of
- Responsible for conducting and updating security risk assessments of
all NSML and BGT assets as part of security management system and
supervise the operations of the Marine Police and Navy personnel in
ensuring that the channel and the jetties’ exclusion zones are
maintained for the arrival and departure of vessels at the terminal.
The right candidate should:
- Possess a university degree at a minimum of second class upper division
- 7 years post-graduation experience with a minimum of 3 years’
experience in required function in a reputable organization preferably
an Oil & Gas company.
- Valid PFSO certification issued by the Contracting Government Agency – NIMASA
- Not be more than 40 years old as at 31st December, 2015.
- LNG Plant
How to Apply