Job Title: Property Supervisor, FSN-07/FP-07
Work Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
Basic Function of the Position
- The incumbent is responsible for the entire operation of the
Consulate’s expendable and non-expendable supply activities. S/he
directly supervises two (2) Storekeepers, six (6) Supply Clerks and two
(2) Inventory Clerks.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection
criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information
supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered:
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible supply
experience, of which at least one year has been in the supply program of
U.S. Mission Nigeria or an associated agency is required.
- Incumbent must have management and supervisory ability to organize and manage the post supply program efficiently.
- Must be tactful, yet effective, in dealing with American personnel relative to household furnishings and equipment.
- Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Writing English Language is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Thorough Knowledge of Department of State or an associated
agency supply instructions and procedures, and of GSA Catalog and
ordering procedures is required.
- When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference.
- Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services
Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within
the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired
into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at
least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be
considered eligible to apply for this position.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary
Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent
Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member
Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions
within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
OR Ordinarily Resident (OR) – N4,766,721.00 p.a.
(Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-07 In addition to the basic
salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local
NOR – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$40,665. EFM/MOH – US$35,014, (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-07.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically
applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as
advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on
the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail
not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats,
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
All Applications should be Submitted to: HRNigeria@state.gov
Note: All not ordinarily resident applicants must have
the required work and residency permits to be eligible for
consideration. a U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in
country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of
mission (com) authority does have to be assigned officially to post.
Application Deadline 30th October, 2015