United States Mission Nigeria
No. 2015-085 Date: November 2, 2015 Ref: A52963
Subject: AUTO MECHANIC
Location: LAGOS – GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE (GSO)
Applicability: ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates POSITION TITLE: Auto Mechanic, FSN-05/FP-09* OPENING DATE: November 2, 2015
CLOSING DATE: November 17, 2015
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 48 hours/week
SALARY: OR – Ordinarily Resident–N 3,736,693.00 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-05
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM-US$32,498.00, EFM-U$27,982.00, Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-09*
ALL NOT ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND
RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION. A U.S. CITIZEN EFM
DOES NOT HAVE TO BE RESIDING IN COUNTRY TO BE CONSIDERED, BUT THE
SPONSORING OFFICER UNDER CHIEF OF MISSION (COM) AUTHORITY DOES HAVE TO
BE ASSIGNED OFFICIALLY TO POST.
The U.S. Consulate General in
Lagos is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidate for the
position of Auto Mechanic in the General Service office (GSO).
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
incumbent repairs light, heavy and armored gasoline and diesel powered
motor vehicles and forklifts. Examines vehicles to determine problems,
carries out needed repairs, and performs safety checks and periodic
maintenance. Responsible for knowing and adhering to shop safety
procedures. Reports to the maintenance foreman any repairs not specified
on the service work order. Performs repairs of car air-conditioning
parts and filing of the appropriate gas into the system.
To obtain a copy of this announcement please visit our Mission websites at: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/hr_office.html
All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below
with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or
the application will not be considered.
- Completion of Secondary School education is required.
- Vocation training in Automotive Mechanic work is required.
- Level III (good working knowledge) Speaking/Writing/Reading in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Ability to diagnose, service, repair, and overhaul engines,
transmissions, brakes, steering, car air-conditioning and electrical
components of General Motors Chevrolet Suburban and cars, Ford, and
Chrysler Motor vehicles is required.
- Must have a valid Nigerian driver’s license to operate light vehicles and trucks.
- Minimum of five (5) years general auto mechanic experience mainly in
the area of servicing, overhauls, and repairs of engines,
transmissions, brakes, steering, car air- conditioning and electrical
components of American motor vehicles (General Motors Chevrolet Suburban
and cars, Ford, and Chrysler Motor vehicles) is required.
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying
for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as
advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on
the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not
larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
All Applications should be Submitted to: [email protected]
All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and
residency permits to be eligible for consideration. a U.S. Citizen EFM
does not have to be residing in country to be considered, but the
sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com) authority does have to
be assigned officially to post