Marie Stopes Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated Social Business,
which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide
reproductive health care and allied services.
MSION’s goal is to meet
the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and
use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 42 countries worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Regional Manager, North East
Reporting to: Operations Director
- Working with and reporting to the MSION’s Operations Director,
Regional Manager (RM) is mainly responsible for overseeing the
coordination of planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of
selected suites of MSION’s activities which include Social Franchising,
Outreach including Training, Coaching and Mentoring (TCM) and other
projects in 2 – 5 states of assigned region.
- Coordination of MSION’s BlueStar and TCM Programme Activities –
Support state teams in the development of annual and quarterly budgets
and financial performance targets and support the SFM/TCM in monitoring
budgetary management and performance
- Ensure equitable distribution of resources according to the work
plans and resource needs of all MSION’s BlueStar and TCM programme
staff and partners
- Ensure proper understanding of all franchised programmes,
including linkages and collaborations for service provisions at the
region. Also provide leadership in the development of regional activity
plans based on programme outputs.
- Advocacy and External Relations – Lead in the collaboration with
a wide range of stakeholders, including Government, other Implementing
Partners, and internal stakeholders within MSION to achieve project and
- Act as the focal person for MSION at the regional level
including representing MSION at high level meeting/platforms where
- Coordinate store requisition, coordinate procurement issues within the organization at the regional level
- Provide guidance on the proper use, handling and maintenance of all MSION properties
- Ensure judicious use and accountability of fund disbursed to region/states.
- Support state level planning, implementation, reporting, learning and reflection.
- Facilitate cross synergy of all related BlueStar and TCM
programmes including sales and distribution activities in the states
within assigned region where MSION projects are domiciled.
- Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation – Collate and analyze all
team member’s MIS and narrative reports on all projects within the
SF/TCM for onward transmission to the Manager
- Produce first level regional programme reports promptly for all projects under the BlueStar
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements on
monthly, quarterly and annual basis as well as document and publish best
practices within the region.
Qualifications and requirements
- First degree or equivalent in health/biological sciences, Arts, social sciences, pharmacy or communication art.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years cognate experience
- Must have prior practical experience in management of DfiD,
USAID, Gates funded projects, including working in a diverse team
- Must be attuned to and be comfortable with the culture/traditions of the people
- Must be computer literate and be at ease with report writing.
- Possession of Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Must possess excellent planning and organizational skills
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and MUST possess a high level of integrity and responsibility
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by email with CV and suitability statement as a single attachment to: email@example.com
- The subject of the email should be the Position Title / Location
and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s
- MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline Wednesday 23rd December, 2015.