Jhpiego, an Affiliate, of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in
improving healthcare services for women and their families. In
collaboration with some of its partners, Save the Children International
(SCI), Pediatric Association of Nigeria (PAN), Nigeria Society of
Neonatal Medicine (NISONM). Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics of
Nigeria (S0G0N) and National Association of Nigerian Nurses and Midwives
(NANNM), will be implementing a USAID funded global
agreement called the Maternal and Child Survival Program (MCSP). Ths
programs goal is to contribute significantly to ending preventable
maternal end child deaths (EPMCD) in Nigeria. The five year project
which started in October 2014 will end in September 2019 and will be
implemented in Kogi and Ebonyi States of Nigeria.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Front Desk Officer
- This is an entry level position reporting to the Senior Finance and Administration Manager or designee.
- The successful candidate wilt be responsible for the overall
management of the front office which includes ensuring cleanliness of
the front office, effective handling and documentation of
incoming/outgoing mails, telephone. communication and visitors’
- In addition S/he will ensure the reception area in
professionally organized and will maintain records of conference room
reservations and meetings.
- As the first contact for the organizations visitors s/he is expected to be very professional, courteous, prompt and pleasant.
- Must possess a B.SC/HND in Social or Management Sciences
- Must possess appreciable skills in computer knowledge and application.
- Ability to operate and use a PABX phone system
- Minimum of one (1) year post NYSC experience, preferably working in an NGO or private sector in a similar capacity.
Abilities and Skills:
- Abroad variety of front office/receptionist skills.
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Beef high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality.
- Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization.
- Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, instilling trust end confidence.
- Pleasant, warm and outgoing personality
Job Title: Gender Technical Advisor
- The Gender Technical Advisor Will lead the implementation of
gender related programs. The position is focused on developing,
integrating, implementing and documenting strategies to address gender
issues that affects the uptake of health care services, especially,
respectful care, gender-based violence, mate norms and involvement.
- Provide technical assistance and strategic guidance on Jhpeigo gender programs.
- Work with teams to develop and oversee strategies to overcome
gender-related barriers to accessing services, including user fees and
- Adapt training a for health providers on issues such as
respectful care, gender sensitive health service delivery, gender-based
violence and engaging men in health,
- Work with teams to strengthen gender components of training and job aids brand by community health workers.
- Maximize opportunities for integration of gender.
- Conduct supportive supervision to ensure that the above has been well applied in health services, education sort outreach.
- Mentor and work with local partners to integrate gender strategist into their work supporting Jhpiego interventions.
- Document processes and outcomes for integrating gender into Jhpiego health interventions.
- Work with monitoring and evaluation teams to analyze and report
on indicators measuring the outcomes and impact of the above
- Write technical papers and donor reports on the above work.
- Liaise With local government and partners to ensure that above
activities are coordinated with other efforts to address gender in the
context of health programming.
- Present and share lessons, best practices and successes related
to addressing gender lxi health services with partners and local
government or in technical fora in order to institutionalize practices
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or Development Studies or demonstrated equivalent through experiences.
- Minimum three years of senior level experience providing technical advisory gender equality in programming
- Minimum seven years program experience in public health and/or international development, preferably promoting gender equality.
- Strong analytical skills. especially for conducting gender analyses.
- Strong technical capacity and practical experience in designing and implementing gender sensitive development programs.
- Strong knowledge of gender and global development issues, preferably with understanding of USAID’s approach to gender quality.
- Proven experience in developing. implementing. monitoring and evaluating advocacy/gender projects and programs.
- Excellent group facilitation, multi-stakeholder consultation, and strategic planning skills.
- Knowledge of participatory approaches to development.
- Excellent in capacity-building, and training skills.
- Strong writing skills, both for technical and program reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work well x cross-cultural teams and under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of policy advocacy processes.
- Experience working with civil society organizations, governments, donors, and international organizations.
- Knowledge and experience with Jhpiego programs preferred but not a must
- Knowledge and experience of working for projects funded by international donors will bean added advantage
- Fluent in English, (written and oral communication),
- Able to under take frequent travel.
- A personal commitment to gender equality.
- Knowledge and working within Ministry of Health systems.
- Experience working with community health workers and health providers.
Job Title: Productive Health / Family Planning Coordinator
Locations: Ebonyi and Kogi
- The RH/PP Coordinator wilt report to the State Team Leader or
Designee. S/he will be responsible for the coordination and
implementation of PP/RH activities within his/her location, providing
assistance in capacity building and in the technical areas of
reproductive health’s family planning with focus on Post-Partum Family
Planning (PPFP) methods.
- The successful candidate wilt ensure that supported health
facilities are complying with the agreed issues as indicated in the MOU
in provision of commodities, training of health facility staff in longer
teen methods. end the collation of
feedback in an appropriate manner.
- S/he will ensure that good quality management information system
data is available at field level, and the monitoring of facilities to
unsure the improved availability and use of process data for programme
planning, evaluation and policy advocacy.
- Provide overall technical vision and guidance in the area of RH/PP
- As a member of the project’s Core Team, provide leadership in
RH/FP for the design of annual work plans, monitoring of program
activities and ongoing assessment of technical assistance needs
- Manage/support subcontractors, regional institutions, networks.
relevant NGO5, collaborating organizations, and federal and state
governments in Nigeria
- Advise on regional and global “best practice”; examples and
their potential replicability, as welt as opportunities for knowledge
exchange among country-based institutions and/or individuals, Assess
technical capacity of regional institutions as appropriate.
- Collaborate with CAs implementing similar programming to ei5ure joint planning and coordination where appropriate
- Perform technical reviews of grant applications and subcontractor scopes of work.
- Clinical degree e.g. Nursing/Midwifery, Public Health.
- Must possess relevant training in FP/RH with sound technical
knowledge of the provision of long term family planning methods, and
reproductive health issues.
- Must possess a minimum of Five (5) years post qualification
experience in family planning programmes and community level FP/RH
- Knowledge and experience working, for projects funded by International donors will bean advantage
- Proven leadership skills, ax well as skills in facilitation. capacity building and coordination.
- Strong change management, results oriented and decision making skills.
- Strong leadership and technical capacity to support service
delivery improvements, especially in healthy facilities and at the
- Technical expertise in FP and RH services (long-acting reversible contraception).
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills,
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to foster team work arid to work as a learn member.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Must have knowledge of logistics management and information systems.
- Knowledge of the environment arid language within the region will be an added advantage.
Job Title: Service Improvement Facilitator
Locations: Gombe and Nassarawa
- The Service Improvement Facilitators (SIF) will report to the Program Manager or Designee.
- S/he will provide technical support for the implementation, and
monitoring of service delivery strategies and activities at the level of
project-supported health facilities (HFs).
- The SIFs will work with the LGA health coordinator and managers
and providers in the health facilities to ensure that the project’s
strategies for the delivery of high impact services are implemented.
ln particular s/he will be responsible for continuous post-training
supervision. mentoring and on-the- job training to service providers or
follow-up of clients as the case may be.
- The successful candidates will be responsible for ensuring that
providers keep to standards of practice and observe the use of service
protocols and provide on-the-job training as needed.
- Collaborate with the State ministries of health (SMOH), LGAs and other MCSP staff and partners.
- Assist in defining critical training needs and organizing
in-service training activity as as needed, Work in conjunction with the
SMOH/LGA supportive supervision teams to continuously provide
supervision at the health facility level, identify bottle necks to
quality services and work with the health facility teams to identify and
- Contribute to writing of the project reports especially in the
area of quality assurance, including identifying success stories and
keeping a photographic and written record of/aid activity highlights.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Documented and accurate reports on types of On the Job training conducted or on the clients that are followed-up
- Number of supportive supervision conducted with documentation on the number of provider reached.
- Up to date knowledge of relevant high impact interventions for
reduction of maternal, newborn and child mortality use of such in
providing support to service providers,
- Technical inputs and contributions as technical support to the overall project implementation.
- Support provided to technical trainings in their respective zone.
- Clinical degree e.g. Nursing/Midwifery, Public Health.
- Most possess six (6) to ten (10) years post qualification
experience in clinical/maternity practice including experience with
teaching, perception and health management.
- Knowledge and experience working for -projects funded by international donors will bean advantage
- Demonstrated ability to be both a team player and to lead teams and organize multiple and simultaneous nets of activities.
- Strong clinical skills and demonstrated supportive supervisory skills are needed,
- Clear understanding of public health issues and challenges in Nigeria.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are essential.
- Ability to produce accurate reports and data on activities,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and a local language of the project state will bean advantage.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% lime within the stale is a requirement.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application letter and a CV as one single word document to: email@example.com The title/subject of your email and application should be the position of what you have applied for.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pro-employment background investigation.
Application Deadline 17th December, 2015.