Guinness Nigeria Plc – We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc
the world’s leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled
collection of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the
Spirits, Wine & Beer categories.
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Business (TBB). A key
contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective
& flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership
in both volume driving & brand building activity. We put the
customer at the heart of everything we do, and through this, will
deliver sustained, mutual growth for our brands, categories,
customers and partners. Will you partner with us on this journey?
Guinness Nigeria Plc is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Public Affair Manager
Function: Graduate – Corporate Relations
Type of Job:Employee
Reports to: Corporate Relations Director
- Guinness Nigeria currently operates on 3 sites within Nigeria
with a portfolio of products including Stout, Malta, Lager and Ready to
drink products and is the 2nd largest Guinness market globally producing
and selling approximately 4.5ml hl per annum.
- The role holder will be responsible for the day-to-day
management and execution of a variety of strategic public affairs and
issues management programmes designed to help the company promote and
protect its corporate reputation and creating an enabling environment
for the achievement of the corporate goals of the business.
- is quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a significant player in the national economy.
- We are looking to fill the role of Public Affairs Manager.
- The role is expected to help the organization navigate complex
public policy issues and communicate the company’s point of view to key
stakeholder groups, including policymakers, legislators, regulators and
other external stakeholders.
Role and Accountabilities
- Drive the creation of a more predictable and balanced tax environment that engenders business growth.
- Provide leadership, consultancy, and support to the business on
the development and delivery of responsible drinking programmes to
promote positive perception of beverage alcohol by critical
- Draft position papers, messaging and related materials related
to legislative and regulatory issues/developments to provide a
consistent framework for communications and direct the advocacy efforts
of the business including direct lobbying, grassroots lobbying and
advocacy, and digital advocacy influencing of federal, state and local
- Monitor the legislative and regulatory environments to identify
issues and trends that may impact the industry and gain favorable public
policy support through coalition and grass roots building, working in
cooperation with other local and regional Policy and Public Affairs and
- Champion the building of outstanding relationships with key
government stakeholders to achieve amazing outcomes with each of the
- Maintain radar on the tax and regulatory environment to alert
the business on new and emerging developments that could impact the
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Between 10 to 15 years progressive advocacy experience in public
policy-oriented government affairs, communications, journalism, or
- Minimum of five years of line management experience
- Ability to cultivate and maintain strong relationships
- Experience working collaboratively across complex teams to articulate project goals, issues and timelines
- Strong planning, execution, and process management skills
- Excellent computer skills especially with MS Word packages
- Background in public policy, legislative affairs or equivalent
experience with demonstrated public speaking and communication ability.
Experience in advocacy volunteer cultivation and management.
- Superior spoken and written communications and editing skills
- Track-record in communicating with diverse policy audiences and elected officials
- Expert knowledge of government structures, agencies and policies
which impact the business at all levels in Nigeria and deep contacts in
the policy community.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under strict deadlines.
Barriers to Success in Role:
- Inability to think/act strategically, creatively and proactively.
- A need for extensive direction.
- Inability to see the bigger picture and to understand the link
between excellent stakeholder management and business strategy and
- Poor judgment especially around the compliance agenda in relationship with key stakeholders.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!