Work Hours: Full-Time; 48 hours/week
Basic Function of the Position
- Incumbent supervises the daily activities of all technicians in
all maintenance trades, which is a team responsible for all residential
maintenance and repairs.
- The incumbent is also the Contracting Officers Representative
for the Short Term Lease (STL) maintenance contractor, which is an
external company that provides all maintenance and repairs in STL units.
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed
below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each
criterion or the application will not be considered:
- Completion of Secondary school or Technical training school is required.
- Full journeyman knowledge of established practices and
procedures of the maintenance trade including masonry, carpentry,
electrical, plumbing, painting, air-conditioning, appliances and other
building maintenance trades is required.
- Ability to use all tools of the trade is required.
- A valid Nigeria driver’s license is required.
- Minimum of four (4) years of work experience of which two (2)
years of supervisory experience in multi-trade maintenance environment
- Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking /Reading/Writing in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and
U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the
candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary
Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent
Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member
Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions
within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services
Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within
the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired
into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at
least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be
considered eligible to apply for this position.
Or Ordinarily Resident (OR) – N5,720,065 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-07
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Nor – Not-Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$41,206 p.a. EFM/MOH – US$35,364 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-07*
How To Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically
applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as
advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on
the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB.
- Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application to: [email protected]
Point of Contact: Tel: 09-461-400009-461-4000 Ext 4261
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
- All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required
work and residency permits to be eligible for Consideration. A U.S.
Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be
considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com)
authority does have to Be assigned officially to post.
Application Deadline 5th April, 2016.