Job Title: Maintenance Inspector (Electrical)
Work Hours: Full-Time; 48 hours/week
Basic Function of the Position
- Incumbent is assigned to the Facility Maintenance Section (FAC)
as Electrical Inspector and supervises the daily routine of the FAC
Electrical Shop, a workforce of six skilled
- Technicians and also a team of multi trade technicians involved in preventive maintenance.
- This position provides inspection and quality assurance of
maintenance practices in the Electrical Shop, in all office buildings
and residential compounds.
- S/he is directly supervised by the Residential Maintenance Supervisor.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed
below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each
criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Completion of Secondary school or Technical training school is required.
- Journeyman knowledge of mechanic experience and skills is required.
- Good working knowledge of overall maintenance operations to
recognize the need for maintenance and repair of buildings is required.
- Ability to carry out hands on maintenance and repair work is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experiences in electrical
trade is required, of which one (1) year of experience as a maintenance
inspector or planner and estimator
- is required.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking /Reading/Writing in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and
U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the
candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services
Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within
the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired
into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at
least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be
considered eligible to apply for this position.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary
Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent
Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member
Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions
within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
Or Ordinarily Resident (OR) – N5,720,065 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-07
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Nor – Not-Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$41,206 p.a. EFM/MOH – US$35,364 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-07*
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for U.S. Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS – 174; plus.
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD – 214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., certificates, awards, copies of
degrees earned) that directly addresses the qualification
requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type written and signed application letter specifically
applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements
as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement
number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e – mail) submissions to one entry/e –
mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word
formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application to: [email protected]
Point of Contact: Tel: 09-461-400009-461-4000 Ext 4261
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
- All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required
work and residency permits to be eligible for Consideration. A U.S.
Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered,
but the sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com) authority does
have to Be assigned officially to post.
Application Deadline 18th March, 2016.