Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for
reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We provide ocean
transportation in all parts of the world.
We serve our customers through
374 offices in 116 countries. We employ 7,000 seafarers and 25,000
land-based employees and operate 580 container vessels. We market our
services through the following brands: Maersk Line, Safmarine, MCC
Transport (Intra-Asia), Seago Line (Intra-Europe), Mercosul (Brazil),
and SeaLand (From 2015 Intra- Americas).
Maersk Line is part of the Maersk Group, headquartered in Copenhagen,
Denmark. The Group employs about 88,900 people in around 135 countries.
We currently seek application from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maersk Liner Graduate Programme (MLGP) 2016 – Commercial
- Do you want to join an industry with a profound impact on the lives of millions of people globally?
- Do you want to kick start your career in a fast track graduate
programme, take on high-impact assignments and challenges and make a
difference in a global arena?
- If you thrive working with others, have a can-do attitude and
have the ambition and passion to excel, the Maersk Line Graduate
Programme (MLGP) can offer you the perfect opportunity to build a
long-term, varied and meaningful career in an international environment.
- The MLGP – Commercial is designed to provide a structured,
accelerated and ambitious graduate development programme for bright and
dynamic professionals across a range of Commerical disciplines.
- The programme will support and challenge you through learning
and talent practices to ensure that developmental opportunities are
maximised to the benefit of both the participants and the company.
- You will join a team of colleagues who have robust functional
acumen, strong insight, informed opinions and passion for the dynamics
behind global trade.
- The seminars will challenge and inspire you to enhance your
personal competences, and deploy them in your rotational assignments.
- You will steer your career. We provide you with a framework of business insights and developmental support.
- With continual support from your manager and HR, we empower you
to be the captain of your career by delivering, learning and reflecting
on your own development.
- Together you will collaborate in executing strategies and reaching the business objectives of your assigned department.
- You will take part in four seminars across Asia, Europe and
North America, where you will receive knowledge and business insights
into the Shipping Industry.
Who we are looking for:
- Master’s level education in Business or related discipline with a
maximum of 3 years’ commercial work experience after graduation in
parallel with education or between degrees.
- Resourceful and flexible with strong capabilities to prioritise, optimise and perform in a high-paced environment.
- Strong desire to pursue a long-term career within the commercial part of the business.
- International mobility and travels are expected.
- Ambitious individual with a passion and drive to excel.
- An international mind-set and excellent command of English (both spoken and written).
- A pragmatic and holistic thinker.
A challenging and rewarding opportunity where we will provide you with
the framework to build a long-term career in the global trade and
transportation industry. During the Graduate Programme, you will have
vast opportunities and be part of a truly international group of
passionate and ambitious professionals. Together you will:
- Build your knowledge from working with world-class experts
within the shipping and business fields, in your rotational assignments
and in the four global MLGP seminars.
- Build a global network that you can leverage in your future interactions to enable collaboration and career.
- Be significantly exposed to high-level leaders to ensure that
theoretical insights are continuously linked to concrete business
- Become part of a diverse team where we play to win and ‘we’ always comes before ‘I’.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th May, 2016.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!