Mott MacDonald is a global management, engineering and development
consultancy adding value for public and private clients on
agenda-setting, next-generation projects worldwide. We use our
to save our customers money and time, reduce risks, increase
efficiency, maximise sustainable outcomes and advance best practice.
We are currently expanding our operations in West Africa and for this
purpose we are looking for suitably qualified experts for the position
below on a long-term basis with duty station in the Region:
Job Title: Team Leader: Agriculture and Food Security
Job Ref: 25265BR
Location: Nigeria, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone
Job Category: Environment, International development
- We are looking for a Team Leader to provide technical assistance in Agriculture, Forestry and Food Security.
- It also includes training the Ministry staff in procedures of management of EU funds as well as the management of the programme.
- The contract programme includes the provision of capacity
building to country Ministry staff in developing agriculture strategies
and policies in favour of small-holders farmers, the youth and women.
- Masters’ degree (or equivalent) in Agriculture or Agriculture
Sciences like Agricultural Economics, Agriculture and Food Systems, Food
Security, Agriculture Finance, Agriculture Production/Value Chain
Management, Horticulture, Agro-forestry, Farming Systems, etc.
General Professional Experience:
- At least 15 years working experience as an adviser in capacity
building programmes, targeting national Ministries of agriculture or
- Knowledge of and experience with EuropeAid procedures and regulations
- Experience working with and knowledge of agricultural
development, agriculture sector strategies, policy issues Africa is
- Previous experience as Team Leader on EC funded projects
- At least 10 years proven experience as a Team Leader managing advisory teams at national and regional level;
- At least 10 years of working experience in Africa Sub-Sahara including as embedded advisor;
- Demonstrated experience in Agriculture policy reform process
facilitation, public-private dialogue, and multi stakeholder
- Previous work experience in West African countries is an added advantage
- Good understanding of Human resource management
- Excellent client management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience in facilitating training of Ministry Staff
- Excellent verbal and written English is essential.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply