Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international
humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to
populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race,
religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Epidemiologists
- Define, implement and follow up epidemiological activities,
ensuring the proper implementation of protocols, the development of
appropriate methodology and the quality of studies to identify risk
factors for diseases and determining optimal treatment approaches to
clinical practice and for preventive medicine to be used in the
- Supervise data filing procedures ensuring that all epidemiology
software tools are properly used and are updated regularly, in order to
ensure full data traceability and availability
- Plan and supervise, in close coordination with the HR department
and the MSF vision, policies and values, the associated processes (job
description, recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development
and internal/external communication) of the epidemiological staff in
order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required,
improve people technical capabilities, contribution and their commitment
to MSF values.
- Supervises, in close coordination with the logistic manager,
that research equipment and material is properly maintained and stock
level is above minimum point in order to ensure availability and
research activity continuity. Organize and/or assist medical staff in
preparing epidemiological reports related to health facilities and to
researched areas and participate in operational monthly reports
- Define, schedule and organize, in close collaboration with other
medical team members, the annual epidemiological activity plan as well
as its associated budget in order to improve early detection of risk
factors to better define treatment approaches and preventive practices.
- Lead the implementation of the protocols and epidemiological
methodology, ensuring all related staff follows them in order to improve
- Supervise, according to annual plan, epidemiological research
activity ensuring: that contacts with community groups and authorities
are aligned with the objectives of the research that the population
participating in the research is properly informed reporting on the
progress of data collection, on ongoing analysis of research or on any
issue causing delay is done in order to achieve epidemiological goals on
- Advise the MSF medical team on epidemiological matters that
arise in the course of their activity research, and, when necessary,
design and implement epidemiological tools and data collection to meet
new epidemiological needs.
- Ensure, in coordination with logistics department, that national
or international shipment of laboratory samples acquired for research
purposes is done within datelines and according to protocols, following
security rules and keeping conditions needed for the sample
- Essential, medical or nursing related diploma. Desirable specialization or training in tropical diseases.
- Mission working language essential, local language desirable.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- People Management
- Desirable Degree (or Masters) in Epidemiology or Public Health with extensive training in statistics and epidemiology
- Essential working experience of at least two years in nursing activities related jobs
- Desirable working experience with MSF or other NGOs
- Desirable working experience in developing countries
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and cover motivation letter under the reference “EPINIGERIA” to: [email protected]
- Please submit your CV and cover letter in ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME
- Replies will only be sent to short-listed candidates
Application Deadline 24th July, 2016.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!