The Government of the Czech Republic offers scholarships within the framework of its Foreign Development Assistance in support of the study of foreign nationals from developing countries at public institutions of higher education in the Czech Republic.
These so called Government Scholarships are designed to cover the standard length of study:
1) in Bachelor/Master/Doctoral study programmes plus one-year preparatory course of the Czech language (which is combined with other field-specific training). Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates from upper secondary schools, or Bachelor’s/Master’s degree courses, as applicable, who can enrol only in study programmes in which instruction is given in the Czech language. Depending on the subject area, applicants are normally required to sit entrance examinations at the higher education institution concerned. Successful passing of entrance examinations constitutes a precondition for the scholarship award;
2) in follow-up Master study programmes or Doctoral study programmes. Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates of Bachelor or Master study programmes, respectively, who enrol in study programmes with instruction in the English language.
- The scholarships are intended solely to promote the studies of adults who are foreign nationals from developing third countries in need. Neither a citizen of the Czech Republic, nor a citizen of a member state of the European Union, nor any other foreign national with a permit to permanent residence on the territory of the Czech Republic may therefore be granted this type of scholarship.
- Furthermore, the scholarships may not be granted to persons under 18 years of age. (The applicants have to turn 18 as of 1 September of the year when they commence studies in the Czech Republic at the latest.)
- A limited number of scholarships is offered also to applicants from selected developing countries through the UNESCO. Each applicant is obliged to fill out an electronic application form available at: http://registr.dzs.cz/registr.nsf/unesco.
- Prospective applicants are advised to address their inquiries concerning, among others, their eligibility and closing date for applications to the Czech Embassies in their countries.
- The scholarship covers the necessary costs related to staying and studying in the Czech Republic.
- The scholarship amount is regularly amended. Currently the amount paid to students on a Bachelor’s, Master’s or follow-up Master’s study programme stands at CZK 14,000 per month, whereas the amount paid to students of a Doctoral study programme stands at CZK 15,000 per month.
- The above scholarship amount includes an amount designated for the payment of accommodation costs.
- Costs of accommodation, food and public transport are covered by scholarship holders from the scholarship under the same conditions that apply to students who are citizens of the Czech Republic.
- Travel expenses for travelling to the Czech Republic and back to the student’s home country are paid by the party that nominated the student to study in the Czech Republic or by the foreign national at his/her own cost.
- Each applicant is obliged to fill in an electronic application form available at http://registr.dzs.cz/registr.nsf at the latest by 30 September of the year prior to the given academic year (i.e., the calendar year that precedes the academic year for which scholarships are offered)
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the 2017/2018 Czech Republic Government Scholarships
Application Deadline: September 30th 2016