3-year Bill and Melinda Gates funded project in Nigeria and Kenya. The
Nigeria project is being implemented in Nassarawa State. The project
proposes to develop a group care model for ANC appropriate to the
that will support the MOH to operationalize its
guidelines and test whether this alternative model of ANC is more
effective, feasible, and acceptable than the current standard of care at
achieving better coverage and quality of ANC services.
Job Title: Technical Director, Laboratory Services
Technical Director, Laboratory Services will oversee and provide
technical and management leadership for the design, implementation, and
monitoring of the HIV prevention, care and treatment and TB lab
strengthening interventions, ensuring their adherence to national and
international standards, as well as their contribution to the national
and international goals, for a CDC-funded HIV prevention, care and
treatment (comprehensive services) project in Nigeria. It is anticipated
that the position will be based in Abuja. Also acting as an advisor,
s/he will support capacity building activities focused on strengthening
quality management systems of local clinical laboratories in high-volume
testing and treatment locations. This position is contingent upon
award. Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Maintain quality testing procedures and systems including new diagnostic technologies.
- Prepare and oversee implementation of laboratory work plan in consultation with county laboratory coordinators.
- Provide technical support to facility laboratory technologists on laboratory management.
- Provide technical assistance/guidance on laboratory testing processes, with focus on HIV testing, EID, and VL monitoring.
development, pre-testing, implementation and review of laboratory
standard operating procedures to be applied in HIV care and treatment
- Support laboratory sample transport networking in supported facilities.
commodity forecasting, quantification and redistribution/buffering in
supported facilities in partnership with county teams.
performance and documentation of daily internal quality control and
participation in external quality assessment to MOH supported facilities
for TB and HIV services.
organizational structure in the areas of physical laboratory structure
and infection prevention and promotes laboratory bio-safety.
- Higher national diploma/degree in medical laboratory sciences.
5 years’ experience in implementation of HIV or TB related medical
laboratory activities in a CDC or USAID-funded project.
- Competent in development and implementation of work plans, M&E activities and reports.
- Demonstrated competency in laboratory activities.
in at least two or more of the following technical areas: strengthening
service delivery programs, training, pre-service education, performance
and quality improvement, M&E.
- Ability to liaise with senior MOH and county government officials and senior members of the donor community.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of the Nigerian health care system, particularly the public health system.
- Familiarity with CDC and PEPFAR administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Ability to travel unrestricted within Nigeria and internationally.
- Nigerian nationals strongly preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply