IITA is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding
solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning
research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development
of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality
and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate
wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in
1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the
following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and
maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research
partnership for a food secure future.
IITA is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanic III
Ref No: IITA-HR-NRS2016-030
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Maintain and operate heavy generators in the Power House;
- Receive AGO for all functioning equipment;
- Ensure the right lubricant mix of the powerhouse equipment;
- Perform any their duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Maintain and operate Ring Main Units (RMUs);
- Maintain circuit breakers and other related equipment in the power House;
- ND, Trade Test I, Artisan Certificate in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or any other related field.
- At least three (3) years relevant experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of power house equipment.
- Pay attention to details and must be a team player.
- Be able to follow instructions.
How to Apply
Interested applicant should forward their Applications include covering
letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience
relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum
vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must
include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous
organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her
present or former place of work).
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
Application Deadline 15th September, 2016.