A reputable Stakeholder in the Oil and Gas Sector is currently seeking
applications from qualified candidate to fill the vacant job positions below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Job Ref.: BDM001LAG
Duration: Full time/Permanent job
- Candidate will work to improve the company’s market position and
achieve financial growth. This position exits in Lagos (LAG), without
any relocation assistance, add reference indicated as above.
- The Person will report to the Managing Director
Core Duties and Responsibilities
New Business Development:
- Prospect for potential new clients and tum this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Identify potential clients and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service, Etc.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Business Development Planning:
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and
conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on
business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, sevices, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and
develop the companys unique selling propositions and diffarentiators.
Management and Research:
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like
prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a
timely manner, This also includes bids/tenders of interest.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose to continually enhance the company’s performance.
- B.Sc/HND from a recognized tertiary with a minimum of Second Class Lower/Upper Credit institution
- MBA or other professional qualifications would be an added advantage
- A minimum of 5-8 years of sales or marketing experience in similar position.
Desirable Skills/Experience and Qualifications:
- Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills,
- Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning,
Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management,
Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and
- Age Limit: 35-45 years
Job Title: Sales/Business Development Executive
Job Ref.: SE002
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets
- Effectively manage the client database
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity
- Provide market intelligence reports on competitor’s activities
- Establish, maintain and follow up on current client and potential client relationships
- Develop new accounts
- Identify and resolve client complaints and enquires promptly
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including sales activity, follow-up and adherence to goals
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special
development, information or feedback gathered through field activity to
the Unit Head, etc.
- B.Sc/HND from a recognized tertiary institution
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in the sales and marketing in a corporate organization
- Experience in any of the sectors; Oil & Gas, Marine, Construction or Power companies will be preferred.
- Excellent oratory, presentation and report writing skills
- Negotiating, communication skills is essential
- Computer literate in the use of PowerPoint Excel, Word and other packages
- Analytical sound and ready to exceed expectation
- Not more than 35-40 years by the next Birthday
Competitive and mostly performance driven
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org selected applicant will be contacted for further discussion.
Application Deadline 12:00 Noon; 8th November, 2016.