Chemonics International Inc., a leading international development firm
based in Washington. D.C seeks qualified candidate for a Five-year
Agricultural Value-Chain Development Project funded by the U.S. Agency
for International Development (USAID).
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M&E)
Location: Abuja, with frequent travel to various intervention areas
Reporting Requirement: Supervised by M&E Specialist or Designee
Duration of Assignment: 6 Months
- Candidate will be responsible for analyzing and processing all
value chain data applying problem solving skills to project challenges
and recognizing opportunities for process improvement.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer is responsible
for assisting in the monitoring and reporting of the performance
indicators and results, developing methods and milestones to monitor
progress towards project goals.
- He or She shall help to develop project strategy to ensure that
project activities and assignments are carried out as planned and the
project objectives are being achieved.
His/her main duties include but not limited to the following tasks:
- Develop and ensure application of effective monitoring, tracking
and reporting systems, tools and templates that enable and enhance
regular monitoring of outputs and program quality across the regions and
generate quality evidence at various program levels
- Work with regional teams and service providers to ensure
effective value chain M&E processes and mechanisms are in place,
including supporting set up and ongoing technical support of the output
tracker for outputs.
- Develop a thorough understanding of data collection abilities data processing procedures, and stakeholder needs.
- Maintain and update the e-Monitor system as necessary assist
with data entry in thee Monitor system, USAlD/Nigeria Performance
Reporting System (PRS) and Feed the Future Monitoring Systems (FTFMS).
- Actively participate in report production including formatting, layout, and design
- Efficiently track analyze report and update objectives activities indicators and results over the life of the project
- Assist in reviewing cost yield and income survey data for accuracy
- Provide technical support on project design, strategic development, and overall annual planning and reporting processes.
- Champion knowledge management through the sharing of evaluations
and lessons learned from the project sites including the facilitation
of sharing of recommendations and lessons learned from evaluations and
other learning initiatives
- Work with the regional offices service providers and country
office to identify M&E training and capacity building requirements,
and to develop capacity building plans and coordination mechanisms for
- Where necessary, provide trainings for the regional teams and
technical staff on M&E systems, including essential procedures for
design and M&E, project’s annual planning and reporting in
compliance with the Quality Framework.
- Carry out any other assignment that may be assigned to him/her from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences including
Agricultural Economics, Basic Sciences Statistics etc with professional
training and working experience in Monitoring and Evaluation.
Agricultural and value chain experience will be added advantage.
- At least 2 years demonstrated progressive experience in program
monitoring and evaluation project planning and management in the context
of a development project
- Past experience in use and applications of geographic information systems and computer-based field data collection techniques
- Excellent Interpersonal skills, excellent oral, writing and presentation skills;
- Excellent skills and ability to train staff and influence stakeholders and staff to employ M&E for effective programming.
- Ability to work as a team player foster goodwill and build
coalitions with relevant groups organizations agencies and businesses
private or public Willing to travel at least 60% of the time and work
extra flours in meeting program deadlines.
- Excellent understanding and applications of computerized database development, system, processes, and applications.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in development of M&E tools data analysis data quality assessments, and data use.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Cover letter and CV
in a single MS Word document detailing all relevant professional
experience and achievements, including telephone number and email
contact of at least three referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidate should specify the position in the subject line
- Only qualified candidate will be contacted
Application Deadline 25th October, 2016.