The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks
a qualified candidate to serve as a Senior Research Assistant/Research
Analyst in the Nigeria Strategy Support Program (NSSP) at the IFPRI
Abuja Office in Nigeria.
Job Title: Senior Research Assistant / Research Analyst
The selected candidate would conduct research for the Nigeria Strategic Support Program (NSSP) of the Development Strategy. This position is based at the IFPRI-NSSP Office in Abuja and is for is for one year renewable appointment. The NSSP is a country program with a focus on strategy and policy issues in relation to agriculture, the food system, agricultural transformation, and poverty reduction in Nigeria.
The incumbent will work under the overall guidance of the NSSP Program Leader, but will be employed directly by IFPRI’s organizational host in Nigeria, the International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC). The employer of record will be IFDC and employment policies, compensation and benefits of IFDC will apply to this position. The final position title will be determined based on the candidate’s level of experience. Interested applicants must have work authorization to work in Nigeria.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Collection and analysis of primary and secondary data;
- Conducting empirical work for the NSSP Office;
- Contributing to training courses within Nigeria conducted by NSSP as part of NSSP’s capacity building program;
- Conducting high-quality, scholarly literature reviews for the NSSP Office;
- Contributing to the writing of research reports, journal
articles, policy briefs, and other publications of relevance to the
- Other duties as assigned by the NSSP Program Leader.
- Master’s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Development Economics, or International Development.
- Ability to conduct literature reviews, synthesize research findings and draft policy briefs.
- Strong English writing and verbal skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, proactive approach to work, and a team-oriented spirit.
- Familiarity with both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- Experience conducting economic analysis and familiarity with various statistical software packages, such as STATA.
- Prior experience conducting research in developing countries, especially in Nigeria.
- Ability to engage with policymakers.
- Strong interest in international and rural development.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply