Girl Effect has recently entered into an exciting partnership with
global technology company, ISON, to develop and pilot an innovative IVR
platform where girls in northern Nigeria will access inspiring audio
content and connect with a female role model to talk through questions
they may have, receive
support in understanding how they could overcome
obstacles they face and ideas for how to apply this new knowledge to
A successful 4 week pilot was conducted from July to August 2016 with
girls aged 15-19 living in Kano state. In September 2016, Girl Effect
entered Phase 3 of development and will iterate the model before
another round of testing in early 2017. Our ambition is for Girls
Connect to be launched at scale in 2017 after several rounds of
prototyping and testing.
Girl Effect is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Girls Connect Project Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: 3 months
Department: Program and Project Management
Vacancy Type: Temp
Context of the role
- Girl Effect is seeking to recruit an experienced project manager
to support the development and delivery of our Girls Connect Phase 3
- The Consultant will be required to provide support to a number
of components, including partnership recruitment and coordination,
developing and regular tracking/updating of project management tools,
securing technical input from key Girl Effect staff for both Girl Effect
and ISON deliverables, support with procurement and contract management
as well as general coordination support.
- The consultant will be required to work on a full-time basis for
a three-month period, based at the Girl Effect Nigeria office in Abuja.
Travel to Kano and Ibadan may be required.
- The consultant will work in close collaboration with the Gender
and Evidence teams in Nigeria and London to effectively deliver the
- The details of the deliverables will be refined with the
selected consultant, along with clear guidelines on outputs and work
plans for completion.
The deliverables include:
- Partnership support and coordination
- Tendering, assessment and appointment processes for new consultancies and/or partnerships
- Coordinate communication amongst project stakeholders
- Work closely with partners to ensure project management and reporting tools in place and fit for purpose
- Support with procurement and contract management
- Contract management on Salesforce
- Invoicing and processing
- General support and coordination
- Coordinate technical input (e.g. gender, ME) for all areas of phase 3 development and delivery
- Develop regular project status updates and circulate to project stakeholders
- Organise meetings, logistics, attendance and note taking (internal and external)
- Budget development and management
- Support to the monitoring and evaluation work
- Support developing presentations about the pilot for internal and external stakeholders
- Track pilot deliverables, highlighting risks of delivering to timeframe and budget as required
- If required, field visits to pilot location to support local level coordination and organization
- Development of, and regular tracking/updating of, project management tools
- Review of existing tools
- Production of key project management tools
- Regular tracking/updating of tools with accompanying status updates on progress and risks
These will be finalised in collaboration with the selected consultant but are likely to include:
- Successful development of project management tools, quality assured and approved by Girl Effect.
- Regularly updated project management tools and status report
highlighting progress made and risks to delivering to timeframe and
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong
relationships with local organisations, contractors and senior
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent written and fluent spoken English.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Adaptable – able to work in complex, unfamiliar and changing environments.
- Experience working in multicultural teams with varying expertise, skills and backgrounds.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality.
- A background in gender or familiarity with gender/girl-centred programming is desirable.
- Pilot development and delivery milestones met to timeframe and budget.
- Successful coordination of partners, ensuring regular and
effective communication, information sharing and tracking progress
- The successful consultant should display the following skills and experience:
- Experience in project management and coordination for projects
or programmes in international development, including project
development, implementation, partner relationships and communication.
- Track record of managing projects on time, on budget and to a high standard.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 3rd November, 2016.