GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry
with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected,
responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development,
services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global
customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Commodity Specialist
Job Number: 2729222
Business: GE Global Operations
Business Segment: Global Operations Middle East & Africa
- Understands strategies for assigned commodities and proactively
assists in Sourcing objectives including new supplier identification,
supplier consolidation, quoting, contract review, and
identifying/executing/tracking cost out projects
- Write reports to track PO activity and supplier performance.
- Analyze and track “ Supplier promise date” accuracy and develop reports to ensure Supplier promise date accuracy.
- Drive effective recovery plans and create payment tracking and invoice analysis.
- Effectively interface with internal functions of the Corporate Initiatives Team and Global Operation Sourcing
- Support commodity buys through assessing supplier capabilities and developing recommendations on supplier acceptability.
- Support Global Commodity Leaders by working PO queues,
requesting quotes, approving PO’s, working with requestors to obtain
- Implement sourcing standards including process & execution, synergies for cost out.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a
high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years of experience in a
- Proficient with Microsoft office
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven project management and process improvement ability
- Change agent with the ability to influence at all levels
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification is preferred
- Strong oral and written communications skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply