Oilfield Solutions (OFS) was established in 2002 to meet the growing
needs of the international Oil, Gas, Power Generation and Energy
markets. The OFS team of qualified professionals has many
experience within these industries and possesses the expertise and
ability to meet and exceed all customers needs and expectations.
Oilfield Solutions is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site General Manager
- We are looking to recruit an Experienced General Manager for Lagos, Nigeria, on the Snake Island Free Zone.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- The General Manager Operations is responsible for overseeing all
aspects of the shipyard and related specialist operations services and
is accountable for the performance of all associated personnel for
safety, quality, cost, and scheduling including the administrative
functions needed to support the full operations and shipyard portfolio.
- The GM of Operations for the Niger Dock would be a fulltime
commitment based on the island to enable the establishment and operation
of these services to the region from the Free Zone.
- Effectively manage all technical aspects of the operation with a
focus on growing the new services to develop increased profitability.
- Establish and develop additional engineering repair, maintenance
and marine services within the Nigerdock portfolio to further enhance
services available to clients and increase revenues.
- To ensure we actively promote the full capability of Nigerdock and the Snake Island Free-zone to existing and new clients
- Manage other associated partners/sub-contractors to develop and
exploit their full capability to participate in tender preparation and
to provide technical input to the Jagal and Nigerdock Management Team.
- International travel will be expected to meet the requirements
of this position. All Travel will be managed and arrange by OFS’ travel
department. There are 5 return tickets per annum provided to a nominated
- This is a residential position but rotating on an as required
basis, working a 6-day week. The work schedule is flexible and the GM
will be expected to manage their own time in achieving the requirements
of the role. All accommodation, food, and agreed incidentals provided
with a good range of facilities on site. There is access to Lagos via
regular Nigerdock managed ferries.
- There is an attractive salary package, with an incentive bonus
scheme based on increased profitability of the whole operation for the
- A commitment to a significant presence on site is essential to ensure continuity of performance of the Operation.
- Successful candidates will have a strong technical background, supported by a technical qualification.
- A proven track record in customer service is essential.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have multi – disciplined capability
- Good communicator – effectively communicate positions and complex topics.
- Applicants must have at least 10 – 15 years previous experience
in a similar role with specific focus on shipyard management and oil and
- Senior Management experience within a large organisation will essential with proven management skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply