Coca-Cola is the most popular and biggest-selling soft drink in history. An icon of all times, Coca-Cola is the best-known product in the world.
Created in Atlanta, Georgia, by Dr. John S. Pemberton, Coca-Cola was first offered as a fountain beverage by mixing Coca-Cola syrup with carbonated water. Coca-Cola was introduced in 1886, patented in 1887, registered as a trademark in 1893 and by 1895 it was being sold in every state and territory in the United States. In 1899, The Coca-Cola Company began franchised bottling operations in and outside the United States taking Coca-Cola to consumers in other parts of North America and Europe and in subsequent years to other parts of the world.
Job Title: Marketing Manager, Stills & Flavours
JOB ID 38930
- Responsible for Brand P&L (all brands in Portfolio), accountable
for delivering UC, NSR, DME and Brand Contribution goals, managing
day-to-day, develop and ensure plan execution, implementing
corrective/adjustment actions up/downside tmaximize monthly operating
- Develop and execute marketing and business strategies and integrated
programs that maximize profitable, recurring volume growth and increase
the long-term value of TCCC brands within the portfolio. Provide
Marketing leadership tthe Nigerian TCCC system for identifying, creating
and prioritizing profitable volume opportunities for the TCCC brand
- Nurture an effective working relationship with West Africa Business
Unit Strategic Marketing Manager, Stills – working within the strategic
portfoliand brand growth framework provided while working collaborative
with the Franchise and Nigerian Bottlers; ensuring proper field
execution of marketing strategies.
- Lead, motivate and develop capabilities of the Nigerian Flavors
& Stills Marketing team (2 people) while alsproviding coaching and
mentoring throughout the West Africa Business Unit Marketing Community..
- Develop & Implement Strategic and Annual Business Plans tdeliver Nigerian Flavors & Stills Financial Objectives. (35%)
- Leverage K&I data sources tdevelop a deep understanding of the
business environment, consumer behaviour, and brand performance;
establishing a clear point-of-view on the current situation to anticipate
potential developments & approaches that maximise short &
long-term business growth.
- Work collaboratively with BU Central team to understand Global Best
Practices & Strategic Frameworks; integrating all marketing efforts
(advertising, promotions, experiential, marketing assets…) within a
consistent overall Brand Marketing & Executional plan. Define
marketing DME spending requirements and proper allocation across the
Marketing mix elements to grow Brand Love & drive transactions.
- Actively observe and ensure adherence to quality standards across all
initiatives within the business plan. Ensure advertising executions meet
agreed success criteria across business unit.
- Lead Bottler commitment tthe annual Flavors / Stills Marketing plan
covering consumer and operational marketing objectives. (35%)
- Develop with the Bottler, through marketing operations teams, an
effective implementation plan for all marketing activities; ensuring
that both Price/Pack & PICOS In-Store Execution recommendations are
- Implement appropriate tracking procedures to ensure proper execution
of these activities; Monitor plan execution in consistency with TCCC
standards; Ensure seamless consumer marketing information flow within
the system (from/to Bottler and within TCCC departments).
- Provide effective People Management & Marketing Community Development. (30%)
- Develop and manage Nigeria Flavors/Stills team (2 people) to support
business objectives; providing on-going coaching and feedback to improve
their performance & potential within the Marketing & Leadership
Competencies. Conduct performance audit against agreed role description
- Lead training & development of West Africa Marketing Community
through leading “Lunch & Learns”, providing mentorship tjunior
marketing associates, and other activities; building overall
capabilities and performance of the Business Unit.
ORGANIZATION IMPACT/ INFLUENCE:
Level Strategic / Operational Interaction with: Franchise MD, Stills GM,
BU Marketing Director, BU Marketing Teams, Franchise Operations Teams,
Bottler senior managers
Nature and Purpose of the Interaction:
Develop and align marketing and business strategies and plans tdeliver
sustainable system profit growth.
Responsible in the design of processes and activities, objective
setting and follow up, performance evaluations, coaching & feedback,
developmental plans, hiring, terminations.
Direct Reports ( Position Titles, not names): Assistant Brand Managers, Senior Brand Managers
Service: Commercial Finance Manager, Operations Marketing Teams,
Knowledge and Insights Teams. Asset Teams, Advertising Teams, Media
RELATED JOB REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- Leadership Behaviors: Leader of Others
- Drive Innovation – Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new
ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from
continuous improvement tnew product and package innovation)
- Collaborate with the System, Customers and Key Stakeholders –
Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders tappropriately
stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- Act Like an Owner – Deliver results, holding self & their team accountable for creating business value (TCCC & System)
- Inspire Others – Inspire people tdeliver the business vision,
demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason tbelieve
anything is possible
- Develop Self and Other – Develop self and support others’ development tachieve full potential
- Manage PortfoliMarketing & Commercial Mix
- Track/Analyze K&I Data Sources and Extract Consumer, Shopper, & Business insights
- Develop & Communicate Performance Reports both internally & externally tstakeholders
- Develop Financially rigorous Business Cases; anchored in System Value Chains and End-2-End actions
- Develop & Manage Price/Pack scenarios and OBPPC Shopper solutions
- Develop Annual Business Plans; integrating Communication Strategies & Media/Connection Strategies
- Lead New Brand Development Process – from concept inception tafter action reporting
- Build People Management: Use of Tools; Developing Skills through Coaching
- Build Bottler relationships – collaborating on ideas, securing Bottler Integration, and on-going learning
- Manage Internal Stakeholders – BULT, MLT, & FLT – identifying needs & managing accordingly.
10 years job experience, at
least 5 years marketing in FMCG industry. Some General Business
Management skills would be advisable.
worked most of his/her career in a collaborative working situation, in
which different viewpoints from a range of stakeholders needed to be taken
into account to arrive at a productive solution.
Business issues (full spectrum) – all brands and categories
People issues (full spectrum)
25% Travel – mostly within Nigeria, occasionally beyond.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: 18th January 2016