Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo:
Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol
industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does
Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated
market but with a fast growing off
Guinness Nigeria Plc is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Communications Manager
AutoReq ID: 55693BR
Reports To: Director of Corporate Relations
- Guinness Nigeria Plc is one of the largest beverage companies in
Nigeria. It is quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a significant
player in the National Economy.
- Guinness Nigeria Plc’s vision is to become the most celebrated
company in Nigeria. The Corporate Relations function is committed to
support the achievement of the vision by transforming Guinness Nigeria
Plc to become trusted and respected by our key stakeholders every day,
everywhere. We recognize that everything we do, everything we say and
everything our key stakeholders say about us define our reputation.
- This role sets standards for leadership in our brand and
corporate reputation as well ensuring our leaders are able to
effectively engage our employees across the business.
Purpose of the Role
- The purpose of the role is to help Guinness Nigeria achieve its
vision of becoming the most celebrated company in Nigeria and to beat
the competition through defining and driving standards of leadership
engagement, brand and corporate PR.
- Specific responsibility for creating and managing an integrated
communication strategy and driving implementation of the strategy
- The Corporate Communications Manager is responsible for engaging
one of the Company’s key stakeholder groups – employees – behind the
business strategy. In so doing, the Corporate Communications Manager
sets the tone for the Company’s ongoing information sharing capacity
with its employees. The role is also responsible for external
communication to key stakeholders to the business
- Focused on the delivery of local, regional and global programmes
in Nigeria. Advising and supporting the corporate relations team in the
development and delivery of best practice brand and corporate PR
programmes and employee communications
- Drive the creation of best practice leadership communications and drive standards of leadership engagement within the company
- Lead on raising leadership communications capability across the company especially in the area of external engagement
- Support the building and development of GN’s reputation both internally and externally
- Contribute to the formulation of strategy for the organization
ensuring that all communication policies and programmes support the
organization’s overall strategic direction. This will include:
- Directing the development of company positioning messages to be adopted into all Communications/PR materials
- Directing the preparation and maintenance of regular and special reports desired by the business
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree and post graduate qualification in PR, Marketing or Journalism is preferable.
- Minimum 8 year’s experience working at a strategic level on business or brand related communications.
- Superior writing and oral communication skills
- Proven track record in communications and communication strategy development
- Capable of leading the communications planning process and facilitating broader involvement in this process.
- Exposure to influencing at senior management level.
- Proven track record of managing communication’s issues in a sensitive / controversial environment.
- Line manager experience and a track record of leading, developing & coaching a team
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!