FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to
improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven
solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition,
environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth,
research and technology
— creating a unique mix of capabilities to
address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more
than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer,TB/HIV
Job ID: 18391
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services
(SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality
HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private
sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- To provide technical support to implement high quality care and
support activities with primary focus on tuberculosis control and TBHIV
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides technical support related to TB/HIV program strategies and approaches related to implementation of programs.
- Contributes to development of lessons learned from programs and
projects related to TB/HIV and apply these lessons to modify existing
program and improve the design of new programs.
- Assists in the provision of programmatic assistance to partners
on issues of management and control of tuberculosis TBHIV and HIV.
- Remains informed on current programs in the field of TB and
TB/HIV and related development field by reviewing current literature and
stay alert to any implication of such experience and research for
- With the Senior Technical officer (TB/HIV) and the state senior
technical officers (PCT), coordinates the design and implementation of
components related to TB and TB/HIV programs.
- Provides technical assistance in TB and TB/HIV management capacity building to field programs.
- Performs other care, prevention and evaluation duties as assigned.
- MBBS degree.
- At least 5-7 years experience in relevant areas of health, including TB/HIV
- Experience developing collaborative relationships and liaising
with senior level government officials, community leaders, and donors.
- A post graduate degree in related fields will be an advantage
- 50% domestic travel.
- Experience in project development, proven experience in the
planning and facilitation of training, and excellent communication and
computer skills required. Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health
system, NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply