Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical
humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid in more than 60
countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or
man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Information Technology and Communication Technician
- To ensure the installation and the maintenance of the IT
equipment, ensure the resolution of users’ problems and organize and
facilitate user training.
- Install, update and maintain the computer fleet
- Manage and install the LAN and the WAN / Internet communications
- Monitor IT market
- Management of the Radio
- Inform and report to Logistic Coordination team and Regional IT referent
- Solve and report technical problems
- Technical support and user training
- IT Diploma is a mandatory requirement
- Prior experience as IT Position will be appreciated
- Previous experience with MSF or humanitarian NGO is a plus
- Basic Knowledge in Network protocols, Router / Wifi AP
- Safety policies and software (Antivirus, backup…)
- Management of printers, scanner and copier and first diagnosis ability
- Software and Hardware repairs
- Architecture and functioning of the Windows system
- MS Office suite
- Lenovo computer
- Kaspersky Antivirus
- Ability to communicate in English
- Good knowledge of electrical appliances
- Stress Management
- Interest for MSF, NGO and humanitarian
- Based in MSFF E-Coordination, Maiduguri Office, Borno State, Nigeria.
- He/she can be required to travel to any MSFF projects in the Borno State.
- 208 working hours per month.
- Flexibility required, as the IT Technician can occasionally work on Saturdays, Sundays or public holidays.
Job Title: Pharmacy Storekeeper
Reference No: MT036
Grade Level: 4
Reports To (Hierarchical): Pharmacy Supervisor
Reports to (Functional): Pharmacy Manager (Project or Mission) Supply-Log
Working Hours: Mon – Fri 8am to 5.30pm
Execute the pharmacy/medical warehouse storing activities in order to
keep pharmacy stock above security level and following recommended
conditions (temperature, humidity, etc.) under the supervision of the
Medical Warehouse (for OCA) or Pharmacy Supervisor, and in collaboration
with the logistics team.
- Supervise material orders and dispatching in order to ensure rational use.
- Receive orders and deliveries, identifying potential disparities
against cargo manifest or others and reporting them, and stores
materials in accordance with the system in force, in order to ensure
continuous availability. It includes:
- Ensure correct fill in entries on the stock cards and software.
- Make sure that stock cards are updated at the same time of preparing the supply.
- Participate in preparing packing list for the projects.
- Ensure that FEFO and FIFO is followed.
- Carry out or participate in regular inventories including EPREP stock.
- Report missing material/ damage/ robbery.
- Control warehouse limited access to authorized personnel and ensure doors and other exists are secured.
- Ensures good storage conditions of all items in the pharmacy.
- Control warehouse facilities in order to ensure materials good keeping conditions. It includes:
- Monitor temperature in the warehouse and ensure that products
requiring cold chain are suitably stored and transports received and
prepared appropriately according to MSF Supply and Cold Chain
- Ensure cleanliness of premises (stock pharmacy).
- Maintain refrigerating equipment in close collaboration with the logistics department..
- Follows up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock
out, expiry dates and drugs to expire in the following 6 months. Make a
report and passes it to the supervisor
- Being flexible to any other task to be carried out asked by the supervisor according to the mission need.
- This job description may be amended in line with the activities or evolution of the Mission.
- Make sure that control drugs are locked in control cupboard with proper documentation.
- Make sure that no item leaves Pharmacy without proper documentation.
- Prepare orders of the different consumption units (departments,
wards, other), ensuring the packaging and proper dispatching, reporting
any anomalies or changes in consumption patterns to the Pharmacy
Supervisor. Also inform Pharmacy Supervisor as soon as stock reaches
- Secondary School certificate.
- OND/HND/B.Sc in Medical related studies.
- Previous experience of at least 2 years in similar or relevant positions.
- Previous experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- Essential local language, desirable mission working language.
- Essential Computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Behavioral Flexibility
- Stress Management
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
Other Required Skills:
- English spoken and written.
- Good computer skills (excel, word, outlook is an advantage).
- Due to the nature of MSF operations, flexibility is indispensable and unavoidable.
- Committed to humanitarian principles.
- Sensitive and respectful of religious and cultural differences
- As per the MSF salary scale (national contract)
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications in person to:
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) Office,
Road 131 House 10 Gwarinpa Housing Estate,
Application Deadline: 15th March, 2017.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!