The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture
(IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural
innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger,
malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with
various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we
enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve
natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global
agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Associate
Recruitment Type: National (2year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in scientific support/backstopping of national programs on product development, processing and utilization of legumes;
- Provide technical support to small and medium scale processors on processing and utilization of legumes;
- Assist in conducting training of trainers workshops and
demonstrations on product development, processing and utilization of
- Link with other projects involved in processing and utilization of legumes
- Maintain correspondence and linkages with collaborators;
- Work in collaboration with the private sector in product development and testing;
- Assist in planning, implementing, and monitoring of pilot processing plants;
- Develop new products using legumes;
- Work with non-governmental organizations and community-based organizations to disseminate technologies on legumes;
- Provide expertise in quality control/assurance of food products and analytical data;
- Perform any duties assigned by the supervisor.
- MSc in Food Science/Technology with Three years’ relevant experience in a structured organisation
The ideal candidate must have:
- Good understanding and operational skills of laboratory equipment’s
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to speak French will be an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to travel extensively within Africa.
- Excellent understanding of computer especially statistical packages and power point.
- Ability to work in the office/field.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and
excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should complete the online
application attaching detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names
in Microsoft word format, the application must include the names and
e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the
applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional
colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply
Click here for more information (PDF)
Application Deadline: 8th May, 2017