Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria
operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl
beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol
(TBA) in Nigeria.
It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast
growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer, Packaging
Req Id: 55897BR
Function: Supply Operations
Level: Entry Level
- The Lagos Brewery produces various Guinness products through an
establishment of permanent staff and various supporting contractors.
- The Brewery works in harmony with its sister breweries in Benin
and Aba to ensure that costs of the delivered products are optimized.
- The products are packaged in glass. The role in question is based in the packaging department.
- The products are made for the local, national and export markets.
Purpose of the Role/Responsibilities
- The role requires the incumbent to take particular ownership of
the maintenance of one line, and share his expertise with the engineers
supporting the other packaging lines.
- The role has moderate complexity in that the incumbent needs to
influence as well as provide leadership and direction to craftsmen and
technical operators at varying skill levels. Good communication skills
are a key role component.
- The role reports directly to the Packaging Engineer. The role
provides mentoring and guidance to the various craftsmen who operate
either on shift or on day duty, as well as to the various contractors
who are brought in to support operations and/or improvement on an as
- Take responsibility for the delivery of engineering of outstanding quality in the packaging department
- Work closely with the Maintenance Planners to ensure that
maintenance tasks on his line are adequately scoped, resourced,
completed and evaluated.
- Participate effectively in initiatives to drive packaging
performance and efficiencies through engineering skill development and
- Use his expertise to support his engineering colleagues and his
manager (the Packaging Engineer) to deliver equally high quality
engineering elsewhere in the department.
Qualifications and Experience
- For this role, third level (University or equivalent Institution
or professional body) qualification in Engineering is necessary.
- Familiarity and experience with office software such as MS Excel and MS Project will also be an advantage.
- The incumbent should have at least 2 years’ experience in process industry, ideally working in a production environment.
- ‘Hands on experience’ on Programmable Logic Control (PLC) with Siemens Sematic S7 will be an immense advantage.
- Preference would be in the fields of mechanical or electrical
engineering, but other fields of engineering can be a possibility
depending on the experience base of the incumbent.
- Familiarity with the Maximo engineering software and with the
principles of World Class Manufacturing (or equivalent) would be an
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!