FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to
improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven
solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition,
environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth,
research and technology
– creating a unique mix of capabilities to
address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more
than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Ttle: Director, Human Resources (Country Office)
Job ID: 17764
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services
(SIDHAS) project is a seven-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality
HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private
sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- The Director, Human Resources (Country Office) is responsible
for directing the planning, development, implementation, administration
and budgeting of the following human resources disciplines for all FHI
360 country-based programs and local national staff: employment,
compensation, benefits, employee relations, equal employment,
organizational development, human resource information system
management, government employment reporting, and training.
- The Director will ensure harmonization and standardization of
employment-related matters across country programs and will oversee a
team of HR professionals structured to provide full-scope HR services to
all projects and staff.
- Collaborates with country office leadership and project
management staff, as well as headquarters Human Resources, on HR
strategies and practices that will help achieve the strategic and
programmatic goals of the country portfolio.
- Ensures that HR programs are developed and implemented in all HR
disciplines, including Employee Relations, Organizational Development
(OD), Recruitment & Retention, Training & Development,
Compensation, Benefits Administration, HR Information Systems, and
- This position will participate in headquarters-led projects and
will assume regional responsibilities for assisting with the development
and implementation of global HR strategies, programs and policies.
- Develops and implements organizational policies for local staff to attract, retain, and motivate candidates and employees.
- Serves as the strategic advisor and business partner to country office leadership and project management staff.
- Manages staff to ensure a high level of customer service and confidentiality is provided throughout the organization.
- Provides guidance and direction to functional managers, groups, and operations on company policies and programs.
- Ensures compliance of employment laws and regulations among the organization.
- Stays abreast with changes in country labor laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent – Business
Administration, Human Resource Management, Education, Organizational
Development or Related Field.
- Typically requires 10+ years with human resource management
experience in employment,employee relations, compensation, benefits, and
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
- Prior work experience in a non- governmental organization (NGO).
- 5+ Years
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply