Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria
operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl
beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage
Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a
fast growing off
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Shift Manager, Packaging
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Function: Supply Operations
Reports To: Packaging Manager
- Nigeria is currently the world’s leading market for the Guinness
extra stout Brand. The products are made for the local, national and
- The incumbent oversees all packaging activities through his team, and reports to the Packaging Manager.
- The incumbent is responsible for meeting shift production volumes at the right quality, while achieving targets in a cost efficient manner.
- The Packaging Department is responsible for the packaging of all
brewing products into returnable and non-returnable containers, ready
- The Shift Manager, Packaging is responsible for his/her
department during shift production hours, with full responsibility for
their team and the dept. assets.
Purpose of the Role
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of shift outputs,
targets and goals by managing, leading and supporting the shift team to
produce to the desired customer service, quality and yield levels in the
most cost effective and efficient manner.
- To identify and drive improvement, ensuring delivery of department goals.
- To manage resource allocation, develop team members and optimize
individual potential to contribute to the overall site performance.
- The Nigerian beer market is very complex with many competitors and a strong quality, cost and delivery focus.
- Need to constantly reduce production cost, while maintaining
high quality and delivery in a highly unionized working environment.
- Manages full shift responsibility including direct
responsibility for developing, coaching and supporting team workers and
contractors and indirectly overseeing maintenance activities.
- Interact with other Shift Managers, Packaging Manager, Brewing
department (key internal supplier), Engineering and Supply Planning, to
ensure that target volumes are achieved cost effectively and on time.
- Supervise, prioritize and coordinate all activities of shift
team workers, including operational, personnel, and administrative tasks
to ensure that all products required are produced to target volumes and
specifications with best possible efficiencies and optimum KPI’s.
- Develop & deliver improved performance against targets through effective problem solving, decision-making and communication between shift teams, and aligned, planned activity with Manufacturing Excellence Team, Engineering, Brewing, customer services, Brewery Logistics and Supply planning Team.
- Lead implementation of the company’s health, safety, quality, environment and hygiene standards for the protection of company products, personnel and assets in the packaging environment.
- Control cost of packaging by minimising process waste,
maximising efficiencies and taking appropriate actions to reduce
downtime and improve quality.
Qualifications and Experience
- Science or Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Should hold an IBG/NSE qualification and knowledge of packaging and WCM techniques.
- Knowledge of Guinness policies is an added advantage.
- Structured problem evaluation & solving skills and ready to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action.
- High level of energy and commitment to team based achievement and high interpersonal effectiveness to develop & sustain robust relationships.
- 4 years’ experience in a food or drink packaging environment
with a track record of delivering sustainable improvements in packaging
efficiency and quality, particularly through effective people management
- Competency in packaging management and prioritization of
resources to meet key targets, while setting high standards &
stretching goals for self & others to exceed internal & external
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply