ReadySetWork is an employability and entrepreneurship program aimed at preparing final year students for immediate entry into the workforce as employees and employers of labour by equipping them with market-aligned knowledge, soft skills, business tools, and a mindset reorientation to the world of work.
Applications are invited for the program below:
Title: ReadySetWork Entrepreneurship Program 2017
This initiative of the Lagos State Ministry of Education in partnership with a network of stakeholders including Corporate Nigeria, Lagos state-owned tertiary institutions and training partners is aimed at addressing the gaps in the skill set of graduates of tertiary institutions in Lagos state and seeks to curb the current high level of graduate unemployment in the State through a strategic intervention consisting of thirteen weeks of intensive training in work-based and entrepreneurial skills acquisition.
Ready.Set.Work 2017 in a bold renewal of the commitment of the Lagos State Government to youth employment, engagement and empowerment through access to quality learning and employment expands its scope and frontiers to include a Teacher track in the programme targeted at students pursuing a degree in education.
The programme this year will host 2,000 final year students drawn from six federal and state tertiary institutions while 10,000 Year Three students from all six institutions will be simultaneously admitted to an online learning academy to prepare them for admission into the program in their final year.
The targets for this project are final and penultimate year students of:
- Lagos State University
- Lagos State Polytechnic
- Lagos State College of Health Technology
- Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education
- Micheal Otedola College of Education
- University of Lagos
Why ReadySetWork Project?
- The youth of any country unarguably constitute the true wealth and future of that nation. They possess the ability to contribute needed manpower cum entrepreneurial resources for national productivity, if given appropriate education.
- However, it is observed that fresh graduates from our tertiary institution lack some fundamental skills required for the world of work (entrepreneurship and employability skills. This results in their inability to transit smoothly into full-time self or paid employment soon after graduation.
- ReadySetwork (RSW) is a response to this scourge of unemployability and unemployment. The project is a complementary capacity building programme of the Lagos State Government for final year students of tertiary institutions leveraging on available technology, private-sector driven and facilitated curriculum to equip participants so as to be fit for the world of work and therefore able to create jobs for themselves or gain easy access to gainful employment soon after graduation.
- It complements entirely the current teaching and training in order to build needed capacity of participants to either generate employment for self and/or become employable by employers
- Private sector led curriculum and content development in consonance with the current dictates of the Nigerian labour market
- Availability of internship and mentorship opportunities for at least 50% of participants who completed the training
- Significant buy-in from corporate Nigeria through technical, financial, manpower as well as internship and mentorship supports.
- High attendance and participation requirement
- Issuance of certificate of completion
- Facilitation of practical skill training by industry professionals armed with best practice
- Highly interactive nature of the training that guarantees better learning outcomes
- Improved trainer to student ratio
Number of Trainees
- The programme will be opened to 2000 final year students from participatory institutions using the face-to-face method of learning and 10,000 penultimate year students from participatory institutions utilizing the on-line method of learning.
- The capacity building programme is a thirteen (13) weeks (Saturday only) project administered during the Second Semester to final and penultimate year students of participating institutions. It is scheduled to kick-off on Saturday 24th June, 2017 and end on 16th September, 2017.
It consists of the following:
- General Module
- Combined Entrepreneurship and Employability module
- Teachers track purely for participants from AOCOED & MOCPED
- Penultimate year module (RSW Online Academy)
- Final year students desirous of enhancing their skills in preparation for the world of work, should go to the Ready.Set.Work website, carefully fill and submit the application form providing all required information and documents.
- Penultimate year students desirous of meeting the eligibility criteria for Ready.Set.Work in their final year should go to the Ready.Set.Work website, carefully fill and submit the application form providing all required information and documents.
- Final Year: All final year students from participating institutions are eligible to apply online within the time allotted. All submitted applications will be subjected to proper screening and thereafter successful candidates will be duly informed and their acceptance obtained prior to the programme take-off.
- Penultimate Year: All penultimate year students from participating institutions are eligible to apply online for the penultimate year training within the time allotted. All received applications will be duly screened and thereafter successful candidates will be informed. Only candidates who have accepted the offer will be admitted into the programme.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!