Médecins du Monde or Doctors of the World, is an international humanitarian non-profit organization that provides emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while advocating for equal access to healthcare worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Supervisor
Location: Maiduguri – Borno, with frequent travel to field sites
Supervisor: Health Program Coordinator
Supervise: MoH Clinic Staff, Community Volunteers, Community Mobilisers
Starting Date: ASAP
Technical Link: Pharmacist, Database Officer, MDM trainers
Under the supervision of the Health Program Coordinator, the Medical Supervisor will be responsible for the following main activities:
- Operational Management and Leadership of one of MDM field Clinics
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of one of MDMs field clinics
- Manage Community Volunteers in the field (crowd controllers, registers, community mobilisers in coordination with community mobilization supervisor)
- Provide regular, timely updates to Health Program Coordinator
- Organize the weekly schedule of the Clinic team to ensure the smooth running of the activities
- Ensure that Clinic medical and paramedics staff respect their assigned tasks
- Provide strong leadership to ensure Clinic staff understand and work according to MdM principles
- Adhere to MDM HR policies, and ensure staff under supervision do the same
- Ensure rapid communication of suspect communicable disease to HPC
- Ensure in close collaboration with MdM trainers and the community mobilisers the correct follow up and the outcomes for all patients referred
- Ensure the logistics department is immediately informed of any maintenance required in the clinic
- Ensure the notice board in the clinic has relevant information and the clinic opening hours, as well as the services provided at the clinic
Pharmacy, Data Collection and Reporting:
- Oversee proper data collection, reporting and communication from daily health activities & pharmaceutical data working closely with the database officer and HPC
- Establish mechanisms of providing regular weekly/monthly feedback on statistics and health activities to Clinic Staff together with the community mobiliser supervisor
- Assist MdM Health Program Coordinator and MdM medical coordinator in preparing data collection tools as well as medical and paramedics protocols
- Compile epidemiological reports for inclusion in medical reports or any other relevant reports
- Supervise drugs stock management in mobile clinics and OTP
- Adhere to confidentiality principles for medical data collection
- Identify and rectify gaps or weaknesses in medical activities by using monitoring and supervision tools
- Prepare a weekly activities report to submit to the Health Program Coordinator
Coordination of MDM activities at the field level:
- Lead on coordination with other actors, including UN, INGO and GoN, in clinic area of operation
- Act as focal point for the clinic in the field for all internal and external stakeholders, including community leaders and representatives in clinic area of operation
- Reporting and attendance to different meetings where required
- Technical Management and Support to one of MDM field Clinics
- Provide technical support to mobile clinic staff according to National and other guidelines suggested by the Health Program Coordinator and MdM trainers
- Liaise closely with Health Program Coordinator and Pharmacist to ensure pharmaceutical supplies are continuous
- Liaise with medical trainers to ensure the delivery of quality SRH, CMAM, PHC services to the target population.
- Supervise community mobilisers in collaboration with the Community Outreach supervisor to ensure they are following the protocols according to the plan
- Oversee and support the implementation of best practices introduced by trainers and HPC
- Developing coherent project implementation strategy
- Assist in preparing and implementing operational action plan for MC and/or OT component in collaboration with MdM coordination team
- Participate in establishing/improving referral system.
- Establish good relationship with the different stakeholders in order to have a smooth implementation of MdM project
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services
- Participate in a pro-active way to MdM internal meetings (medical, security…)
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem in the field
- Perform other additional duties on request of the Health Program Coordinator and coordination team
- Candidates should possess relevant qualifications.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and CV’s to: email@example.com using “Clinic Medical Supervisor” as the subject of the mail.
- We’ll pay attention only to the complete files in English.
- Our process of selection include some written tests and oral interviews
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 8th August, 2017.