FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Program Officer (Support Unit) – National Laboratory
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
About the Project
- FHI 360 is collaborating with AHNI on Global Fund project management. The Global Fund is a 21st century partnership organization designed to accelerate the end of AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics.
- Founded in 2002, the Global Fund is a partnership between governments, civil society, the private sector and people affected by the diseases. The Global Fund raises and invests nearly US$4 billion a year to support programs run by local experts in countries and communities most in need. Since 2003, the Global Fund has invested more than 1.4 billion dollars in the fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria in Nigeria.
- Senior Program Officer will in collaboration with the STA, Laboratory Services (NLTWG) and the Deputy Project Director provide supportive coordination, oversight, implementation, monitoring and reporting of all activities for the establishment and sustainability of the National Laboratory Technical Working Group (NLTWG) secretariat.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- B.S/BA Degree in Public Health, Laboratory Sciences, Business Administration, Health Sciences, Behavioral Sciences or its recognized equivalent
- 7 – 9 years of relevant experience with international development programs.
- Or M.S/M.A/MPH or its equivalent with 5-7 years relevant experience with international development programs.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and cover letter as a single document to: AHNi-ProgMgtJobs@ahnigeria.org
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered.
- AHNI does not charge candidates a fee for test or interview
Application Deadline: 10th August, 2017.