Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervising and organizing the daily activities of the Supply Chain team, including Supply Supervisors, and ensuring they perform the tasks linked to their role
- Being responsible for the order, purchase, stock and freight management in the coordination or in the project level, monitoring and ensuring an efficient implementation of the overall daily supply chain activities
- Collecting claims from the field, analysing causes and making corrective actions.
- In collaboration with the Logistics/Supply Manager and in coordination with the HR department, supervising the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Informing the Logistics/Supply Manager in case of any major issue and draws-up all required reporting, in order to keep updated and reliable information that will help in decision-making
- Monitoring and ensuring a smooth running supply administration and the respect of the implemented supply procedures, proposing adjustments where needed.
- Being responsible for the supply database and the correct filing and archiving of the supply documentation in order to guarantee the availability and the coherence of supply data
- Communicating with customers, keeping them up to date concerning their orders status (BO confirmation) and prioritizing procurement and transport according to their needs
- Performing any other tasks within the scope of his role, as directed by supervision and according to the needs of the mission
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Essential: Degree and specialization in Logistics/Supply Chain
- Essential: Experience in supply chain management (minimum 3 years) in organization of supply administration and procedures
- Quality and results driven
- Excellent at teamwork and cooperation
- Flexibility and willingness to go the extra mile
- Commitment to MSF Principles (neutrality, impartiality, medical ethics)
- Able to manage stress well
- Desirable: Proven understanding of MSF Field Logistics (general knowledge of MSF equipment and kits)
- Essential: Supervision experience managing a team
- Essential: Written and spoken English and Igbo language
- Essential: Computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications, including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant certificates to: email@example.com
Hard Copy applications should be submitted at:
No. 43, Little Woods,
03051 (“Application Box” at the gate),
No. 115, Onitsha/Owerri Road,
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview.
Application Deadline 26th October, 2017.