Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client, an international group providing Oil & Gas services, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Technician
Job Reference: 1339
Industry: Energy / Oil & Gas
- To ensure safety of commissioning activities on yard and on site, by performing activities in respect with Company standing instruction and Work Permit instructions.
- To ensure that the work identified in the work permit is performed according to company specification.
- Performs on site the commissioning operations (test and check sheets ) which are placed under his responsibility.
- Report any non-conformity to the discipline Supervisor
- Reporting and progress follow up
- Report daily activities to the supervisor
- Ensures that the COMPANY’s HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to Work Permits)
- Witnessing of contractor pre-commissioning activities as defined by the supervisor.
- Raise and clear punch List items.
Minimum Qualification: Technician:
- Education Level : High School or Higher National Diploma or Certificate (HND/HNC (A-levels + 3 years’ study)
- Experience: 3 years in a similar position
- Mandatory Competences: English/ Electrical engineering/Electrical equipment Commissioning (MCC, Switchboards , panels… )
- Recommended Competences: Commissioning / ICAPS / OPERCOM
- Electrical testing
- Electrical troubleshooting
Recommended Competences: Commissioning:
- Petroleum: Have a basic understanding of facilities / process (from well to export). Be knowledgeable of hydrocarbons behaviour and associated risks (explosion, asphyxia…).
- Computer: Be able to produce a report using Microsoft Word; be able to perform simple calculation with Microsoft Excel. Have been introduced to the use of the internet and e-mails.
- Physics: Understanding and use of basic laws and units of physic (resistance, inductance, DC & AC current and voltage, frequency, active and reactive power…). Be able to differentiate low and high voltages.
- Be able to read and use drawings (single line and schematic diagrams), vendor documents, name plate. Be knowledgeable of electrical symbols.
- Possess notions on cable sizing and voltage dropping.
- Be able familiar with a general facilities electrical network philosophy: main generation, emergency generator, switchboard and UPS. Have a basic understanding of inter-tripping and interlocking action, load shedding and load sharing modes..
- Understand working principle of main electrical equipment: voltage & current transformers, electrical motor, alternator, feeder, UPS, battery, speed inverter soft starter and gradator, HV/LV switchboard, lighting and heat tracing panel
- Be knowledgeable on explosion proof materiel and associated requirements.
- Be able to identify all cubicles and their equipment. Understand interlocking systems in between cubicles. Practical skills
- Know how to select and use the available and necessary hand tools for electrician (including special insulated tools).
- Correct use and handling of multimeters, clip on ammeters, Ohmmeter, earth tester (megger), earth leakage kit and recorder.
- Understand principles and know the different systems of earthing (IT, TT, TN and DC unearthed system).
- Have a basic knowledge of working principle of a PLC. Logic diagram with module: AND/OR, NAND/NOR, clock, delay, latch, memory, microprocessor… Understand inhibit, alarm and trip concepts.
- Understand the principle of electrical protection: short circuit, over load, earth fault, reverse power, transformer, alternator and motor specific protections.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply