Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance/ HR Assistant
Location: Base in Maiduguri, NIMERT (Nigeria Intervention Emergency Response Team)
Report To: Project Administration Manager
Area: HR, Finance, Administration
- Execute administrative and finance tasks and do follow up of project accountancy, according to administration Manager’s indications and MSF procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and keep a strict control over monetary resources.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- Execute administrative and legal related tasks, under supervision of the Administrator Manager, checking payroll calculations and updating personal files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and on time payments.
- Implement cash management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security, and ensure cash availability.
- Prepare employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Enter data into the HR database and personal files and keep them up-to-date in order to facilitate HR processes management.
- Process the payment to suppliers and keep strict on all documentation involved, informing the administration manager of any sort of disparity.
- Carry out all accounting tasks and activities in order to ensure strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation.
- Make all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.)
- Classify and prepare all accounting pieces as requested by the Administration Manager.
- File the accounting documents and enter the accounting pieces in the accounting software, with the support from the Administration Manager and/or the Accounting Manager (ACMA).
- Support the Administration Manager in translating documents into local language. Assists the Administration Manager in meetings upon request.
- Update Social security & Tax office employee files in order to meet legal requirements and duties.
- Draw up monthly pay slips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
- Draw up the final pay slip and employment certificate at the end of a contract in order to meet legal requirements while defending MSF ’s interests.
- Follow up all expiring rental contract dates and inform the Administration Manager in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative.
- Assist the administration manager in the prevision of monthly treasury and planning in order to ensure the coverage of daily needs, advances on salaries, payroll, etc.
- Desirable Finance, Business or Administration related Diploma
- Essential previous working experience of at least two (02) years in relevant jobs.
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries
- Local language essential (Kanuri, Hausa) Mission language (English).
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet).
- Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, Stress Management, service.
- Capacity to work as a team, respectful and good working attitude
- Sensitive and respectful of religious and cultural differences.
As per the MSF salary scale (national contract).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Motivation Letters either by email to: [email protected]
In person to:
MSF Provisory Office,
In MSF Spain Office,
Old International School Line,
- Please use the position for which you are applying for in the subject line of the mail (Soft copy application) or write the position for which you are applying for on the envelope (Hand copy application)
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
Application Deadline 5th February, 2018.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!