Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims. Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transport & Customs Officer
Contract: Unlimited Contract
- Performing the day to day activities and administrative processes for the clearance and transportation of medical and non-medical goods at Abuja Coordination office, according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal running of the mission/project.
Internaional Freight & customs formality:
- Being responsible for custom formalities and administrative related with export and import process.
- To ensure cargo follow-up dashboard is up to date and do report to the Supervisor for any issue encounter.
- Being responsible for International cargo reception from freight forwarder, to do report and follow-up in case of parcel missing or damage.
- In conjuction with Supply Supervisor, to do closely follow-up on IDEC application (at FMoH and FMoF) and do report to the Supervisor for any issue encounter.
- In conjunction with the Supervisor, to monitor and evaluate contracted transporters performance.
- To prepare transport contract for each delivery for validation and payment process.Others:
- Performing delegated tasks according to his / her activity and as specified in his/her job description.
- To ensure cargo document archived and traceable for future needs
- To provide weekly cargo follow-up update to the stake holders; Supply Manager Abuja and Borno, Dep. LogCo-Supply, Pharmacist Borno and Abuja, LogCo Abuja and Borno.
- In conjunction with the Supervisor; assessing the local transport market (companies, prices, services, delays,…), and proposing different third party providers for validation process.
- In collaboration with the line Supervisor and the Warehouse Supervisor/ Pharmacist, to manage the shipment of goods from the Coordination office to the projects choosing validated transporter and agreed means of transport.
- To ensure delivery notification given prior shipping to the project by email along with scan waybill and require details; ETD, ETA, truck driver’s contact, etc.
Required Skills and Conditions
- Education: University Degree in Social Sciences or related courses.
- At least 2 years’ experience in supply chain related jobs ,Supported with CIPS certification or in the logistics department.
- English language and local languages.
- Computer literacy.
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1.
- Service Orientation L1.
- Stress Management L2.
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Commitment to MSF Principles
Monthly Gross salary of N189,000. (One hundred and eighty nine thousand Nine hundred naira only).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s, copies of qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The MSF Administrative Office,
No 26 Olu Agabi Close Life Camp,
Abuja. (“Application Box” at the Watchmen Desk with Ref. Transport & Customs Officer)
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system
Application Deadline 28th January, 2018.