Lily hospitals Ltd, established since 1986 remains one of the Foremost hospitals in Nigeria and within the South-South region of the country. It is the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON). We are also consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics.
At Lily hospitals, we recognize that our staff is vital to the achievement of our organizational vision, the sustainability of our mission and the profitability of our business. We also recognize that our staff are our most valuable assets and as such continuously prioritize their welfare, and also see to the provision of an environment that is conducive for optimal productivity and performance and which consistently supports operational efficiency and effectiveness.
We are recruiting to fill the following vacant positions below in Delta State:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Scientist (Chemical Pathologist)
Location: Warri, Delta
Type: Full Time
Job Category: Mid- level
- The role is responsible for the use of a wide range of analytical techniques for example, measurement of enzyme activities, spectrophotometry, electrophoresis, the separation of molecules based on physical characteristics and immunoassays to determine the concentration of chemical constituents in a patient blood, urine and other bodily fluids.
- The work involves both manual techniques for which the biomedical scientist develops complex practical and interpretive skills and the operation and management of highly automated testing systems.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
The key result areas of this role are:
- Clinical Care
- Perform a wide range of laboratory tests to produce and interpret results in order to assist clinicians in their diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Analyse blood samples using computer-aided and manual techniques.
- Performing clinical validation: checking abnormal results identified by automated analyzers and deciding if further tests are necessary.
- Implement quality control procedures both internal and external to maintain accurate results.
- Responsible for receiving, storing and preparing various kinds of specimen including blood sample for analysis.
- Calibrating and Maintaining standard laboratory equipment, for example spectrophotometers, immune-analyzers, centrifuges, titrators, pipetting machines and pH meters.
- Provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating sophisticated clinical chemistry equipment and occasional manual chemistries.
- Identifying the presence or quantity of drugs of abuse, therapeutic drugs, and toxic substances by operating toxicology instrumentation and performing manual methods for the performance of drug screens, blood alcohol levels, and carbon monoxide levels.
- Minimum academic qualification of a Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (BMLS) (Chemical Pathology option).
- Good hand and eye coordination and the ability to use technical equipment with accuracy.
- The ability to maintain and calibrate technical equipment.
- Time management skills in order to work on several different projects at the same time.
- 1 to 3 years relevant work experience in the health sector.
- Membership with a relevant professional body and must be licensed to practice under the Medical Laboratory Council of Nigeria.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office package.
Salary in line with industry standard
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their word doc CV’s only to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 27th March, 2018.