Smart Partners Consulting Limited – Our client in the health sector has invested immensely in its Information Technology division. In view of this investment, they urgently need the service of a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Solution Developer/Programmer (Head)
- We urgently need the service of Head of Information Technology to put in place complex Hospital enterprise application, develop ERP software, ensuring data security and privacy.
- The ideal candidates should have vast knowledge in writing SQL queries for SQL server, Deployment of new technology in Health care, medical, clinical and business function.
- Candidate must be able to read and interpret system plans and specification.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Analyzes and assesses current and proposed information technology plans; directs, oversees and manages the development, design, implementation and maintenance of automated information systems to ensure the achievement of strategic technology requirements and needs of the Hospital.
- Analyzes and recommends equipment purchase or lease; coordinates the installation and evaluation of proposed hardware and software to ensure compatibility with existing systems; and technical personnel on the use and maintenance of automated systems and equipment.
- Works with Business units Managers and departmental heads to discover, design and implement information technology process improvements, streamlining units and departmental functionalities.
- Selects, trains and supervises subordinate staff; plans, directs, coordinates and reviews staff work plans; assigns work activities, projects and programs; reviews and evaluates work products, methods, procedures and performance; meets with staff to identify and resolve problems; initiates and implements disciplinary procedures as necessary.
- Oversees and participates in the development of information technology budget, including capital expenses pertaining to technology projects; develops forecasts for funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; monitors expenditures and implements budget adjustments; analyzes major technology purchases to determine their effect on the existing environment and their compatibility with strategic directions; reviews contracts for capital equipment and information technology services to help ensure consistency with business strategy.
- Assumes full management responsibility for information and communication technology functions and services at the Hospitals and its affiliate worksite clinics; ensures appropriate implementation and support for medical, business and clinical systems by managing and coordinating applications development/maintenance, data processing, local/wide area network administration, office automation and technical support activities.
- Participates in the information technology strategic planning activities; identifies and defines short and long-range automated system requirements; coordinates departmental input and technology planning processes; develops and recommends organization-wide information technology goals, objectives, policies and priorities.
- Monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of the Hospitals’ information technology methods and procedures; develops, maintains and implements programming standards, quality control procedures and related processes to ensure that all information technologies comply with standard processes for a large Hospital Group.
- Eight (8) years of increasingly responsible professional analytical experience
- Experience in LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Python/Perl) and/or server-side Java programming with Web 1.0 MVC frameworks and experience in JEE technologies like Servlets, JSPs, EJBs, Web Services, JMS, JAXB
- Strong database administration and management skills particularly MS SQL and versatility in database security.
- Deep knowledge of Local and Internetworking (LAN, WAN) and Information Security.
- Two years in a supervisory or operational management capacity.
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, information systems, mathematics, business administration, or a related field.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 31st May, 2018.