Solidarites International For over 35 years, the humanitarian aid organization SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL has been committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Coordinator Assistant
Location: Ngala, Borno
Beginning of contract: 2nd July, 2018.
Contract Duration: 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Probation period: 2 months
Goal / Purpose
- The Field Coordinator Assistant assists the Field Coordinator in his/her representation, program coordination, strategy preparation and programming for Solidarités International in his/her intervention zone, coordination with other humanitarian participants, team management and security and humanitarian monitoring.
- These tasks entail strict confidentiality on the part of the Assistant Field Coordinator. It is strictly prohibited for the Field Coordinator Assistant to disclose information concerning Solidarités International and its activities without prior authorization from the Field Coordinator.
- In addition, the Field Coordinator Assistant participates in the specification of security measures to be undertaken at the base level in collaboration with the Field Coordinator, as well as their post-validation circulation.
List of Main Tasks
- Establish informal ties and a network of contacts enabling the collection and verification of diverse information
- Maintain an updated list of security contacts in the zone
- Coordinate the weekly security briefing
- Run the contextual and security briefing for new expatriates, in conjunction with the Field Coordinator
- Collect information within the Field Coordinator’s domain of responsibility by attending security briefings with – or in place of – the Field Coordinator
- Carry out security checks for the clearance of team departures out into the field
- Analyze information and inform the Field Coordinator
- Make the weekly security pack and send it to the Field Coordinator
- Under delegation of the Field Coordinator, represent Solidarités International during humanitarian and security coordination meetings
- Establish or reinforce relations with authorities under the delegation of the Field Coordinator;
- Meet with representatives from various authorities as often as needed to obtain documents or resolve related issues.
- Ensure that Solidarités International’s message is conveyed during meetings in accordance with its mandate and programs
- Regularly visit Solidarités International’s intervention sites
- Communicate between the local and/or international NGOs in accordance with the partitioning of contacts decided with the Field Coordinator
- Under delegation of the Field Coordinator, attend meetings under his/her direct responsibility
- Participate in the drafting of Solidarités International’s intervention strategy in the zone (especially via annual programming) and suggest program orientations in liaison with the Field Coordinator and the base other departments. To this end, the Field Coordinator Assistant is responsible, under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, for humanitarian monitoring in his/her intervention zone so as to anticipate as early as possible the pertinent needs to be addressed within Solidarités International’s mandate.
- Monitor the activities in the programs implemented in his/her intervention zone by comparing the evaluation, intervention and monitoring reports
- Draft minutes for the Field Coordinator for each meeting he/she attends
- Capacity to work in complex and volatile environments
- Ability to work in multicultural environmental
- Active Listener, good Interpersonal skills
- Good negotiation, strong relationship building and networking skills
- Diplomatic and courteous.
- Draft the weekly situation report for the context/security section
- Compile the weekly situation report and send it each Monday afternoon to the Field Coordinator
- In the absence of the Field Coordinator, coordinate the weekly base meeting
- Draft the minutes for base meetings
- Present the security context at the beginning of all weekly base meetings Personal abilities :
- Capacity to handle large work volumes
- Ability to work unde pressure and good stress management capacity
- MA in Project Management/Disaster and Risk Management/Political Science
- Organisation, task prioritisation abilities
- Creative and autonomy
- IT Skills: Good knowledge of Office Software; Excel, Word, Outlook
- Professional Experience: 2-3 years experience in a similar position in NGO’s/Private or Public Sector
- Languages; Proficiency in English; knowledge of Hausa, Kanuri and other local languages is desirable.
- Expertise in Humanitarian Acess Management
- Knowledge in Monitoring & Evaluation, Conduction Assessments
- Good analytical and report writing skills
Salary and Conditions
In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications ( CV and suitability statement as a single attachment) to: email@example.com The file must be named with the name and the surname of the candidate and the subject of the mail must be “FIELD COORDINATOR ASSISTANT– NGALA”
- No paper applications will be accepted
- Candidates from Ngala are encourage to apply
- Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.