Bloomfield International School, a Creche, Nursery and Primary school located at Iba, Lagos state requires the services of suitably qualified candidates with good pedigrees to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head Teacher
Location: Iba, Lagos
- Meet with parents or guardians to discuss students’ academic progress, remedial issues and behavior problems when necessary.
- Ensure safe learning environment in the classroom.
- Design educational activities that promote physical, social and intellectual growth of students.
- Enhance learning abilities, healthy habits and morals in children.
- Work with colleagues and stakeholders to implement, monitor and maintain policies and practices which reflect the school’s commitment to excellence and achievement through the provision of high-quality, integrated and responsive needs-led services.
- Be proactive in establishing communications which foster good relations with all stakeholders, external agencies, individuals and organisations and which, through consultation, seek their positive support and active involvement in the school.
- Provide information and advice to the Proprietress in accordance with Governance arrangements and support proper accountability processes throughout the school.
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people
- Work in accordance with professional practice, statutory and legal requirements and the policies of the School.
- Act as “critical friend” and provide effective professional challenge and support to the Proprietress.
- Continually monitor and evaluate school performance and effectiveness against appropriate indicators and benchmarks, setting targets for improvement.
- Help to manage and organise the school environment efficiently and effectively to ensure that it meets the needs of the curriculum and complies with statutory requirements and health and safety regulations.
- Ensure the efficient and effective deployment of staff and resources through planning, procurement, allocation and review in order to meet operational commitments.
- Reflect on their personal contribution to school achievements and take account of feedback from others.
- Take on specific tasks related to the day to day administration and organisation of the school.
- Have delegated responsibility for managing specific aspects of the school’s physical, financial and human resources.
- Work with the Proprietress to provide the vision, leadership and strategic direction that ensures the school is lead, managed and organised to meet its aims and targets.
- Support and develop organisational structures which reflect the school’s values and enable management systems, routines and processes to work effectively in line with legal requirements.
- Support the Proprietress in the management, organisation and administration of the school.
- Deputise for the Proprietress in her absence.
- Work with the Proprietress to lead and manage colleagues and associates across a multi-disciplinary team in order to promote a mutual understanding of the curriculum and its impact on school policy and practice, with the aim of improving standards.
- Maintain classroom records, cleanliness and orderliness.
- Prepare coursework for classes, grade tests, essays, reports, and other writing assignments.
Minimum Required Experience:
- 3 years
Qualification and Skills Required:
- Good intonation and knowledge of phonics are added advantages
- The candidate should be well-grounded in classroom management and school procedures. In addition to teaching, a child should be able to read and speak in the right diction.
- She should be conversant with the following courses;Convol, Etiquette, Elocution, Intelligent speech (Public Speaking), Reading skills, Sentence structure.etc
- Attractive and Negotiable
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and CV’s to: email@example.com using the position as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 14th August, 2018.