Tek Experts is a global IT company providing various services to leading international vendors. Tek Experts partners with global organizations to help them expand or transform their services domestically and internationally. We help companies excel at what they do best by providing the support, infrastructure and expertise. Our IT and business support services include software support, application development, training and education, sales support, customer care, hardware support and software solutions. The company operates from 8 countries around the globe (see our web site).
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Security and Safety Officer
- Are you an experienced security & safety officer seeking a new challenge? Would you like to work for a rapidly expanding global organisation? We are looking for a security & safety officer to join our site in Nigeria.
- The security & safety officer will oversee all health, safety, environment (HSE) and security issues at the Site.
- The job holder will also support the Site in creating a secure and safe environment for employees, visitors and equipment while ensuring compliance to our customer’s security requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Incident reporting and investigation
- Maintain the incident register and ensure all relevant departments are kept informed of security and HSE issues at all times
- Participate in Site projects that may be assigned by the Country Manager or designate
- Maintains site stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements
- Conduct routine security and HSE briefings to the Company
- Perform routine audits and adherence validation for security protocols and processes
- Coordination of Fire Wardens and First Aiders (Tek Employees/Volunteers)
- Engagement with Landlord Building Managers on all HSE and Security issues/concerns/ requirements
- Supervision of the Facilities Management vendor and ensuring premises are in good condition
- Coordination of any environmental initiatives
- First point of contact for any concerns regarding security and HSE matters in the Site
- Secure the Site and employees by inspecting the building, equipment and access points
- Manage employee and visitor Site access in accordance with Company procedures and policies
- Ensure all signage, emergency facilities and equipment related to HSE and security matters are in place and correctly maintained
- In conjunction with Site management, ensure compliance with Company BCP on security and HSE matters
- Supervise the work of vendors both proactively and in response to any concerns.
- Informing violators of site policy and procedures
Skills and Competencies
- Minimum of 5 years experience within a similar role
- Good Judgment and objectivity
- Dependable and with good emotional control
- Highly professional with absolute Integrity
- Excellent reporting skills
- Experience in managing workplace safety and handling of emergency situations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent surveillance skills
- Ability to deal with uncertainty
In Return, We Offer You
- Continuous professional development and certification programs
- A commitment to offer you career development opportunities to meet your full potential
- An excellent remuneration package
- Prestigious offices all around the world
- Friendly working atmosphere
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!