Doviana Institute Of Entrepreneurship & Technology, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin/Admissions Officer
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the admissions processing of a portfolio of programmes in close liaison with academic departments, applying agreed criteria to make admissions decisions consistently and fairly
- Handle telephone and email enquiries from prospective students, their parents, lecturers and advisers independently and in a timely and professional manner
- Process incoming applications for all degree programmes, checking qualifications, the validity of decisions and authenticity of results
- Enter decisions and generate offers using the business school Student Record system and other databases with the aim of 100% accuracy
- Monitor the responses of applicants to decisions and provide data to faculties and departments on applicant status and workflow
- Check and verify the fee classification of applicants
- Ensure that correct procedures are followed when dealing with fraudulent applications, applicants with criminal convictions and underage applicants
- Liaise regularly with both academic and administrative staff
- Handle all enquiries in a courteous and helpful way these may be by telephone, email, letter,fax or in person
- Assist with the monitoring and updating of all information relating to admissions
- Maintain a tidy and organized work area
- Process expenses and invoices
- Filing, photocopying, ordering stationary
- Attend and take minute meetings.
- Minimum of B.Sc Degree in any relevant field and at least 2 years’ related experience
- Membership of a recognized professional body will be of advantage.
Knowledge and skills:
- A proven record of generalist administrative experience
- Experience of working in a customer-focused environment
- Experience of providing information & advice
- Understanding of the application process and higher education admission
- Experience of the Higher Education sector
- Knowledge of the Nigerian education system
- Experience of admissions in a higher education setting will be an added advantage
- Understanding of both undergraduate & postgraduate higher education admissions processes.
- Computer literate with experience of MS Word, Excel and email packages
- A confident user of databases and reporting tools
- Ability to work with speed and accuracy.
Job Title: Study Centre Coordinator
Location: Makurdi, Benue
- You are either a woman or a man talented, brilliant, hardworking, and creative, strongly determined and have strong interpersonal skills with high motivation to work; essential
- Must have 2;2 or above or Merit in HND in Business Management or other Social Sciences; Essential
- Graduated from renowned Business Schools; asset
- Possession of Degree in Business or Masters in Management will be added advantage; asset
- Must have previous company or banking operation experience or marketing experience; essential
- 5 years post qualification experience and in running distance learning education; asset
- Must have previous experience as a study center Coordinator, and have experience in start up management; asset
- Ability to negotiate and manage teaching and learning; essential
- Must have excellent communication skill, ICT skill, both written and oral English; essential
- Must be willing to run the Center under the directive of the Director General; essentials
- Must have experience in performing business analysis and curriculum design; essential
- Must be reliable, efficient, goal driven, multitasking and integrity; essential
- Ability to keep to the rules and policy of the Institute an maintain strong
- Ability to achieve set target and in meeting deadlines
- Evidence of project management skills; essential
- All applicant must reside in the job Locations: Makurdi, Benue State
- Remuneration is based on experience and performance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 29th July, 2018.
- Those completing youth year services within 12 months need not apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!