The Partnership to Engage, Reform and Learn (PERL), a five-year DFID-funded programme (commenced in May 2016), will support the development of stronger public- sector accountability to deliver public goods and services required for poverty reduction and growth, including to women and girls by strengthening links between governance reforms and service delivery.
PERL which will be delivered through three pillars, the first pillar is the Accountable, Responsive and Capable (ARC) Government pillar. ARC will work towards the goal of bringing about accountable public administration, resource management and delivery of public services at the state level, through regional reform hubs and at the federal level.
The Accountable, Responsive and Capable (ARC) Programme in Nigeria is seeking a dynamic, dedicated and results-driven individual to assume the position below:
Job Title: Regional Reform Facilitator
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Reform Facilitator is to provide strategic advice and facilitation of regional activities supporting governance reforms within the south-west states. She/he will be responsible for:
- Using a rapidly learning, flexible, responsive and adaptive approach to facilitating regional governance reform;
- Facilitating possible issue-based approaches to resolving specific service delivery problems with a connection to governance as models for governance reform and improved service delivery;
- Facilitating improved governance, resource management and service delivery across states within the region;
- Maintaining strategic relationships with government counterparts and other relevant stakeholders, including federal, state and local government, civil society, other reform programmes and development partners;
- Facilitating and delivering regional governance reform activities whilst ensuring governance reforms are owned and delivered by state governments within the region under their own agendas;
- S/He should have a degree in Economics, Public Administration, Social Sciences or related discipline. An excellent understanding of the Agriculture sector and Ease of Doing Business especially as it relates to the South West region.
- In addition, the ideal candidate should have an understanding and ability to analyze the Political Economy of the region, excellent communication skills and the ability to develop high quality written materials is essential.
- Familiarity with work location is also essential to the delivery of this programme.
- Interested candidates should have 5 years’ experience managing change in the public sector and a strong track record of delivering results on complex multi-component programmes.
- S/He should also have experience of advising successful reform interventions and evidence of good working relations with relevant state governments.
- In addition, the ideal candidate should also display the ability to manage relationships and a sound understanding of institutional change in complex environments with an excellent understanding of financial and technical delivery, monitoring and evaluation of programme impact and reporting against results.
Terms and Conditions of Employment
The role is based in Lagos State with frequent travels to other South-West States. The programme offers very competitive salary packages; however, local terms and conditions apply.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 3rd August, 2018.
- The subject of the mail should be the title of the position applied for, applications without a subject title will NOT be processed.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.