Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Watchman
Ref No: LB05500
Main Objective of the Position
- Carrying out surveillance and guarding activities in MSF facilities, according to MSF protocols and security rules, in order to ensure the safety and security of all mission’s personnel and premises..
- Keeping area within MSF premises clean and tidy (ex. empty dustbins, sweep paths, etc.) and performs general maintenance activities of the garden (ex. cut grass, maintain flower beds, prune trees if necessary, etc.).
- Maintaining watchmen’s torch and other lighting tools, returning used batteries and keeping the necessary supply of spare batteries. Maintaining communication equipment (radio) in working conditions and providing battery availability.
- Supervising diesel/petrol tank levels and providing spare can(s) of fuel. Ensuring the correct functioning of generator and water pumps (starting, switching off, record sheet of operating hours and maintenance) as well as the correct use of extinguishers (being aware of their location.
- Informing line manager of arrival of any materials before unloading and helping MSF staff carry heavy items, if necessary.
- Surveying the MSF premise’s access and guides people to reception within authorized hours. Contacts administration team for authorizing people access.
- Watching MSF premises and property’s perimeter fence through regular patrols. Remaining on duty until other watchman comes to do a handover, never leaving the post unattended.
- Organizing traffic of vehicles within the premises and directs them in and out.
- Checking that the doors and windows are locked and lights are off when people leave premises. Checking that security lights are working properly and informing line manager of any possible problems.
- Education: None is required, desirable literacy
- Experience: None is required
- Languages: Local language essential, desirable basic knowledge of mission language
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Stress Management L1
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Service Orientation L1
Other Required skills:
- Committed to humanitarian principles.
- Due to the nature of MSF operations, flexibility is indispensable and unavoidable.
- Sensitive and respectful of religious and cultural differences
- Identification with Humanitarian, Cross Cultural Awareness, Self-Control, Quality and Results Orientation, Commment, Stress Management
NGN71, 500 (Gross Salary) as per the MSF salary scale (national contract)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected]
Submit it in person to any of the following:
MSF Spain Offices,
Plot 394, Etang O. Obuli Street,
Off Idris Ibrahim Crescent,
Jabi – Abuja.
Application Deadline 30th July, 2018.
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!